Over the past three days I have been extremely bloated. My stomach is distended, and I've gained 5 pounds in two days even though my diet has not changed. My fingers tingle periodically during the day and i have been having severe headaches that last for long peiods of time. I'm a vegitarian, but have been for over a year so i do not believe that is the problem. I've tried numberous laxitives and nothing has helped, in fact the problem has gotten worse. Does anyone have any ideas as to what may be wrong with me?

grrr wrote:

Hi, I have the same problem's, and have suffered for year's, I saw my Gynae Consultant, as Surgeon's had been caring for me for 10yr's, basically, just palmed me of with opiates, causing dependance, thus my viscious circle started... I have inflamatory bowel disease, I get constipated, the highest ammount of meals, I ate, without passing a motion was 25!!! normal is around 8, I eat healthy, but sometimes to much fibre is not good for you, causing more bloating, I was taking four sachets of Pre surgery bowel prep, just to open my bowels, yet, after seeing my Gynae lady, she told me to eat Linseed Bread, it has something that causes stools to get mucous around them, I eat 2 slices of Bergen Bread, Daily, I get it from asda, tescos, sainsbury's.. after the first couple of day's, started going and now can go without searing pain... most day's I go at least once. I had heard of eating walnut's, also seed's are supposed to be tricky, with bowel disorder's?? That is the best advice I have had in around 15years!! Still never managed to avoid surgery, but, I am not suffering quite so badly since eating Linseed's. Hoppe it help's can you let me know please? :) :)