New doctor suggests I might be losing this kidney graft, which was a 5 out of 6 match from a same-age donor in 1992. Have had bouts of extremely high bp, several sending me to the ER. Docs in Charlotte, from where I just moved, said my GFR (Glomeruli Filtration Rate) is 20, making me eligibleto be listed for re-transplantation. I now live near Louisville and the doc here concurs that 20 GFR puts me on the list.

He also wants to do a scan / ultrasound of the renal arteries/veins to look for a blockage, which could be causing the high bp...... my average is 160/9. The high BP is killing my graft and I'm avoidig salt, following the dreaded dialysis diet and resting. HAS ANYBODY DEVELOPED CHRONIC HYPSERTENSION WITH THEIR GRAFT POST-OP and, if so, what meds worked or what procedures took place and what was the result.

LIFE IS GOOD: PASS IT ON: BE AN ORGAN DONOR!