Hi, if I spend some time in a room where people smoke I become breathing problems, my eyes itch, and I am irritated. Is it cigarette smoke allergy?

Cigarette smoke contains a number of toxic chemicals and irritants, and provokes reaction in healthy people. However, in cases of an allergy aggravated symptoms are developed. People with allergies may be more sensitive to cigarette smoke than other people. Children and spouses of smokers are more prone to respiratory infections and asthma than people who are not forced to live with smoke. Nasal congestion, coughing, hoarseness are also related to this kind of allergy. Anyway, you must perform a test to precisely determine what are you allergic to.

Well,
I think that you are right here. I think that you have cigarette smoke allergy. You have to understand that many people smoke and when you are in such a company nobody really pays attention that you don’t smoke. Your symptoms indicate that this is an allergy reactions. I am not sure if you are able to treat this in any way. The only solution that I can think of is that you avoid places where there is a lot of smoke accumulated. Have you tried to smoke cigarettes yourself? Have you then noticed any reaction in your body? I hope that you will be able to avoid this allergy as much as you can.

Good luck,
Karel