Hi. I don`t smoke. However, I did tried and I have immediately regretted it. I think I got intoxication from cigarette smoking. I will never light another cigarette. I just wanted to say – quit smoking. Nicotine is intoxicating.

Hi. Nicotine is not intoxicating. Cigarette smoking does not cause intoxication. It happens when you don`t smoke, and decide to light a cigarette, you will feel dizzy and you may experience nausea. But cigarette smoking is not intoxicating. Nicotine withdrawal can be severe, but rarely. I smoke all the time. I admit I like to smoke. I like cigarettes. I am perfectly aware they are bad for my health. I don`t care. I will die anyway. So, cigarette smoking never did and never will cause intoxication. You should light another cigarette and relax a bit.

Goldberger, criminal ! I dont care if you get intoxicated, but you are causing illness and death for others. every year just in the UK, 15,000 children are admitted to hospital because of passive smoking.

if you like cigarettes, go to smoke them in your own home (as long as it does not share a ventilation system with someone else). or even better, go to your grave directly.

Guest,

Now hang on a minute, "Goldberger criminal?" I thought people in the UK were a bit less puritanical and dogmatic than those of us the the US. Unless you are an expat, apparently not.

Cigarette smoking is an addiction just like any other addiction and part of the addiction is the belief that you enjoy it. Its part of a vicious cycle. The real criminals are the producers of the drug. Just curious if you feel that children who die every year in the UK due to asthma die because the "corporate criminal" fills their lungs with the by products of industry.

Anyway, there is no winning this argument on either end. As you said, live and let live as long as you are not affecting anyone else. Criminalizing smokers, however, is just one more step toward a police state.

It is like smelling a fresh rose after a long time without...What I'm trying to say is you shouldn't have even one more puff before its too late, in life, some more often than others, "things" just hit you, pleasant or not...and in cigarette cases, 99% dosses cause brutal harm or death.

I was doing some research on this topic & I think your dead wrong if you look at the subject by the numbers & also how you choose to define intoxicating. Nicotine is an Alkaloid, it is psychoactive in several forms of concentration & in south America several forms of nicotine cause hallucination.

Even as a habitual smoker I experienced nicotine intoxication frequently. It severely affects my balance & equilibrium in general, especially when combined with alcohol.

I think we avoid this topic because the tobacco industry likely really, really doesn't want to talk about it, but it does exist whether we claim it does or not.