I quit smoking over 2 and a half years now, and for the past 4 days I have been smelling stale cigarette smoke every where I go, home, work and every other place, My husband and I don't smoke anymore, so it isn't him, and he and everyone else I ask if they smell it say no, I feel like I'm losing my mind, at times I even feel like someone is blowing smoke in my face, has anyone else ever experienced this?? or am I just losing it? lol Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Have you found any answers to your question? I started experiencing the same thing about a week ago. At first I thought someone in my office was smoking and it was getting sucked into the A/C return and blowing in my office. But then I noticed it in the car and at home. No one else can smell it but me. It is so real that I can almost feel a slight burning in my eyes when I inhale.

I have never smoked but my both of my parents smoked so I am familiar with the odor. I think I must be losing it too!

Please post and let me know if you have found any resources to answer this question. Thanks.

I know how you feel and there are many people out there like us in the same situation. I was surprised. I thought I was going nuts too. Right now I'm gathering as much information I can find from different cases like yourself. I feel that when I go to the Dr. if I do not have any documentation, He'll refer me to a therapist. But we are not alone.
I started to smell smoke this June. Then it dissapeared for a few weeks. Now it started up again. I am tracking what I eat or what I do. I can't really say that I do anything out of the ordinary. Except for 1 thing.
I have been taking Paxil for stress for quite a few years. I started with 20 mg and have dropped to 5mg a day. Recently I started to take 5 mg every other day and try to eventually eliminate it. Shortly after I cut the dosage , the smell smoke went away. I was shocked. I never really gave it much thought until recently. However, this type of medication is difficult to quit and last week , due to some ''issues'', I went back to 5mg a day. Guess what? the smoke smell is back. Recently I read that Seratonin levels may influence our condition. Can't find the article again. Anyway, I'm going to try and cut down on Paxil again and see what happens. I'm still going to see the Dr. but I want to be sure if this may be the cause.
By the way, my dentist last week did a panoramic x-ray and said my sinuses were clear. I've also noticed that my eyes burn or start burning on the onset of the smell. Hope this is of some interest to you and hope that we eventually can get healthy again. By the way, I don't smoke.

Yep its just started with me - the last 4 days,. i don't have the eyes but a constant feeling in my throat as though inhaling smoke. I imagine its how a smoker feels

For the past few weeks, I have smelled cigarette smoke constantly. I have never smoked, I work at home so I am not around smokers either.

I ask others if they smell it and they do not.

Historically all of my senses are very hyper sensitive but I am very puzzled by this.

I have not figured it out yet.

The only new changes have been a new type of calcium tablet, and recently changed brand of shampoo. Tried a different shampoo, but still smell smoke. The past few days went back to my old brand of calcium tablet, but still smell smoke.

Just came down with a cold of some sort

I'm so glad I found this! I'm wondering if I'm going crazy too! I've been smelling smoke for about a year now and it's driving me bonkers that no one else can smell it. I smell it in my office, my car, and my home. I don't smoke and no one smokes in my home. Also, this past week I was wondering if someone was standing by the A/C return at work because I smelled a faint sweet cigar smell. I'm going to the doctor later this week and hope she has some answers.

i have the same problem.But it's not smoke.I cant identify it

I have smelt smoke for over a year now. I don't smoke never have. Very seldom around smoke. I take cholestoral medicine and motrine for bad back. This is weird but I tend to pick my nose and it seems to get worse when I do. Anybody else have that habit?

I, too, have been like some of you who have been experiencing this, "smell of smoke." I have been experiencing this off and on for about 12 years, now. When I have these episodes, it will last about 3 days to a week, but usually about a week. I feel like I am actually experiencing the cig smoke in my throat to a degree and I have the sensation that someone is blowing it into my face. No one smokes inside my house. Guests or anyone who smokes, does so outdoors. I have this sensation night and day and it is a constant sensation when it does occur. I was afraid I was the only person experiencing this. I have been afraid to bring it up to my doctor for fear she would really think I am loopy.

Thank God I'm not alone. This started pretty recently for me - and it comes and goes. I was actually sitting in my office thinking about going to the ER - I was afriad that I had something wrong with my lungs or worse!

Any ideas on how to make this go away? It is literally driving me insane.

I finally decided to do some research on this and was shocked to find you all saying the same thing. This is just weird! I hadn't mentioned it to anyone but my husband, because I thought I was just imagining it! I hope someone will post what their DR says.

Past 2 weeks when im sitting watching tv (just me ) or in the office or car(non smoker s) i smell like a stale cigarette smoke. Actually it reminds me of my late grandad who was heavy smoker.
Im not on any medication whatsoever but i would be quite stressed at times!!

Ive always had sinus problems. Im not worrying about it

OK, me too. This is weird. At first I thought it was the neighbors smoke wafting over to my house, but now I'm at work & smelling it here. I don't smoke, never have, and no one around me smokes.

It just started happening to me i ave alwas hated cig smoke now i smell it from time to time weird just at least know im not going crazy does any one have any answers I have had sinus problems

For about the last month or so I've been constantly smelling what smells like a car idling.. so I assume I'm smelling carbon monoxide. I'm starting to get really concerned since no one else at home or work smells what I'm smelling. I am a 49 year old female who does smoke. I am also on a time-released pain killer (morphine) & a time-released muscle relaxer as well as 800mg anti-inflammatory for break through pain from back surgery 2 years ago. I also have a history of stomach problems. I know all the reasons I should quit smoking and have tried in the past. But if constantly smelling carbon monoxide is because the levels are so high inside me... then me putting off quitting smoking is no longer an option... it has to happen!! Thanks for any input ?