It is terrible to say, but my boyfriend is really prone to binge drinking. I really hate it. I keep on warning him about the dangers of binge drinking and every timer I do so, he asks me, "Oh yeah? What are the dangers? You tell me what they are. A drink every once in a while is normal - all blokes do it." I tell my boyfriend that binge drinking bad for his health. But next time he asks I want to be more specific and tell him everything that could possibly go wrong. Can you help?

Binge drinking has pretty much the same effects that regular alcoholism does. The liver gets damaged, the brain's functions are impaired and you have a higher risk of heart failure and high cholesterol. There is a wealth of information about the effects of alcohol out there. Everyone knows binge drinking is bad for you.

Binge drinking or heavy episodic drinking is the modern epithet for drinking alcoholic beverages with the primary intention of becoming intoxicated by heavy consumption of alcohol over a short period of time. Due to the long-term effects of alcohol misuse, binge drinking is considered to be a major public health issue. Excessive drinking costs each and every American about $2 per drink, according to new research results from the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. That's beyond the cost of the drinks themselves. Some contributing factors include a loss of work efficiency, medical bills, damage to property and the cost of jailing those who travel drunk.  ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed***