Ive been drinking since i can remember. one of my earliest memory is my dad handing me a cup of beer and i dont know if i liked the taste but i liked the feeling. i drink alomst every day and the most i can go without getting urges is 3 days. im 25 now and just recently i moved to hard liquor because beer is pretty much like flavored water now. i feel fine but was wondering if my liver is gonna go out soon or anything like that or if i should worry about other things going wrong.

It worries me when you say….i am moving from beer to hard liquor because beer feels like water now.

How much of hard liquor a day do you usually drink? You are aware of the possible alcohol addiction, right?

Some individuals are more prone to addiction especially if they have a family history of alcoholism, or stressful lifestyles.

By regular alcohol intake, you are definitely stressing your liver. You may not notice it now, I am sure you won’t notice it now but in some years’ time, you may encounter problems.

Alcohol can damage liver in many ways. It may lead to development of the fatty liver, that can lead to cirrhosis of the liver-which is dangerous.
Although you may feel as if you have better and bigger sexual desire, you may actually experience problems with sexual performance.
Your absorption of the important nutrients may be impaired as well beacsue alcohol damages the lining of the stomach and small intestines, where almost everything’s digested. Absorption of the vitamins may be out of order as well.

What is worse, alcohol consumption makes you more prone to esophagus, throat, larynx, and the mouth cancer.

The reason beer tastes like water is that you have developed a TOLERANCE for alcohol. Therefore it will take more and more to get you drunk. "Fortunately" soon your liver will be damaged and unable to process the alcohol effectively, therefore geting you drunk with less and less alcohol until you die from liver failure. Yay!

You have no idea what alcohol will do to your body, especially over time. You can end up taking meds to deal with the withdrawal you'll eventually get, ruin your health in the mean time, 'cause the meds will make you think you can keep drinking! If you're depressed or have have ADD that make you self medicate, get thet addressed. You'll end up dead before your time if you don't. I speak from experience. I went undianosed with ADD and depression my entire 49 yrs. and self medicated with alcohol to deal with the anxiety. Don't do that to yourself. I feel much better than ever and don't feel the need or desire for that poison.

Oh my god...... Why you like beer so much.. It will destroy your life,... Stop it now.. Or else the beer will stop your life soon...

**edited by moderator**
Good luck

Hi:
I think your answer lies in the fact that you are asking the question. You are an alcoholic. You have "urges" which probably means you'd need detox and rehab to stop. If you have any desire to have a long life of quality; give birth to healthy children and have healthy relationships with other people, you'd better get help now. You know something is wrong because you are asking the question. You may have already done some damage to your liver. Your age isn't the question, it's how much you drink. Get help now or you will find yourself living a life of misery, shame and loss. Contact a local rehab support group. See if there are in-house facilities that you can afford. Outpatient might work for some, but I would imagine that the success rate is much lower, because you remain in the same environment while you're trying to quit. I wish you the very best....Let us know how things are going.