I have developed symptoms of anxiety and started with clonazepam. It was almost debilitating disorder, I used to spent whole day alone, no mater where, in my room, car or outside, at some lonely places. I guess that it was associated with severe depression that affected me 3 months ago and I avoided treating it with medications. I’m on clonazepam now and have to use it for next three months. I feel better. I hope that this anxiousness would not reoccur soon. I’d like to hear what your experience with clonazepam is like.

I was on 1mg daily for about 4 months. I think that it is long enough to cure moderate anxiety and short enough not to cause addiction. Clonazepam is benzodiazepine and they can cause addiction when used long-term. Actually, I read that dependence may develop within 4 weeks, but that did not happen to me. After that, during these 5 years, I’ve never experienced symptoms of anxiety that I had then. I think that it has nothing with the medication, but with your consciousness about your mental health and will to save it. Good luck.

I had quite a bit of anxiety for over a month due to job stresses, and hyperthyroidism. Clonazepam is the only thing so far that has stopped the anxiety quickly, and I occasionally use it to sleep at night. I take it as needed, usually no more than 2 mg daily. Some days I don't take it all, as I worry about the addiction issue.

Did you gain any weight while taking the pill

Sorry I'm a yr late. I didn't gain any weight from it. I noticed right away that I was losing weight. I was overweight n needed to lose weight anyway. I couldn't lose weight for the life of me, in mattress what I tried. As soon as I started taking Klonopin I started to lose weight. I was put on it for the insomnia my pain med causes. I have problems w severe pain due to nerve damage to the point I'm on Social Security from it. In the 1st month I lost 20lbs. At 1st I had no idea it was from the Klonopin. Then I started to lose about 5lbs a mon. That's a good rate of weight loss n not dangerous. I started to figure out that I didn't start losing weight until I started taking it. So I started researching it. I asked if it could make u lose weight. The only answers I got were a few that said they lost weight n then stopped. I haven't stopped. I've lost 85 lbs in 16mon n keep losing. I'm now 140lbs. I was told in the past that I had thyroid problems. I was 105lbs in 2002 n told I had hyperthyroid. I was put on beta blockers n a yr later I gained 65 lbs in 8mons. I had another child in 2004 n my thyroid showed 1 number low for having hypothyroid. This I was told is normal. I asked many drs why I gained weight n they all blew me off. After a mon of taking the thyroid med it went back to being the very last number of being in normal range. I tried everything n never lost weight. I gained a few lbs more. In 2007 I had my last child. After he was born I was 180lbs. A few yrs past n I got to 200lbs. By this time I was very upset bc I hit the 200 mark n I'm 5'4. I had no support at the time n was actually called fat by everyone around me incl' my ex husband n his family(that's 2 reason we r divorced ;) ). I moved back to Florida n met a guy who treats me great. Around this time is when I met the dr who put me on the pain med that causes me insomnia. Phew also put me on beta blockers to try n help control my migraines. It made me gain more weight. I weighed 213lbs the 1st time I saw him in late Dec 2011. My weight then climbed to 220-225lbs. I can't remember which 1. I just knew I was severely over weight. My dr n my bf became very concerned about my weight. Neither of them ever put me down, which helped. My bf told me "I'm very worried about how much u weight bc it's not healthy. I want to help u bc I don't want to lose u to bad health." He dieted n exercised w me n I never lost a pound. Going back to the Klonopin. I knew my weight loss was a side effect of it bc I never lost a lb b4 being on it no matter what I tried. So I researched it even deeper. I knew it was effecting my thyroid. I found in 15% of ppl in my age group, I'm now 37, develop hyperthyroidism. It also says a little more ppl develop hypothyroidism. I've learned once u stop the med u never recover from hyperthyroid. 100% of ppl continue to have it even though they have stopped. When it come to hypothyroid 0% of ppl recover while on the med n 50% recover after stopping. U may have developed hypothyroidism. It states it happens in both men n women. Blood tests confirm I have hyperthyroid. This time I refuse to take the med bc last time it messed my thyroid up n caused me to gain over 100lbs in 10yrs. I believe Klonopin brought back on the hyperthyroidism I originally had b4 a dr put me on meds for it. I researched it n it's not dangerous if it mild to moderate n if u don't have cancer or a large nodule or goiter. I have none. Good luck to u. Sorry I read this a yr later. Better late than never :)

I developed hyperthyroid as a result of taking Klonopin. I've had it in the past n was put on beta blockers for my migraines. Beta blockers also slow down the thyroid. I gained over 100lbs in 10yrs. 60 of those lbs were in 8mons of tasking the beta blockers. No matter what I tried I couldn't lose weight. I just kept gaining. I'm on pain meds for severe nerve damage that has caused me to go on social security at the age of 32. The pain med started causing me insomnia. Mt dr put me on Klonopin for insomnia. The 1st month was .5 once a night. It didn't help the insomnia. I told him it did help my anxiety though. My dr knows I've been through a lot of family tragedy lately. So he RXed it to me 3x a day. As soon as I started taking even jut the 1 I started to lose weight. I didn't know at 1st it was from the Klonopin. I lost 20lbs in the 1st mon. After awhile I figured it had to be from the med bc nothing else ever made me lose weight. Here I am 16mons later n have lost 85lbs n keep losing. My original weight b4 being put on beta blockers was 105lbs. I'll be happy at 120lbs. Heck, I'm happy at 140lbs. I researched the info n found out Klonopin causes hyperthyroid in 15% of ppl taking it. It also causes more hypothyroid in ppl who take it. Research says 0% of ppl go back to normal while taking the med n even after stopping the med 100% of ppl r still hyperthyroid. It never goes away. I believe it brought mine back on. It says w hypothyroid 0% of ppl get rid of it while on the med. 50% of ppl go back to normal after stopping the med. I refuse to takes meds to control the hyperthyroid bc it's not dangerous unless it's severe, have cancer! or if u have a large nodule of goiter bc it can choke u to death. I would like to know if anyone else out there has experienced hyperthyroidism due to taking Klonopin? What have your results been? Have u stopped the med? Have there been any complications w the hyperthyroidism? They say ppl w hyperthyroid can get thyroid storm if the hyperthyroid gets too far. I don't get chest spin or rapid heartbeat. My BP is normal, n I don't get over heated. I live in Florida n I'm cold when it's under 75*. Any info would be greatly appreciated. God bless all of u who have had bad side effects or addition from this med. I'm scared of addiction. I know I'm not there yet bc sometimes I forget to take it. I'm RXed 1mg 3x a day. I hope n pray for those of u that have had bad experiences on this med n pray things work out for u and/or u can find a med that works right for u. We r all different, so different meds work on us in different ways. Klonopin has greatly helped me through the anxiety of some very horrible times in my life. I lost custody of my youngest 2 kids to my alcoholic n very abusive ex who was never in their life or in the lives of his other 8 kids. I was given custody of my kids n less than 2mons later the referee that knew his past died in an accident. At that same time his lawyer's ex partner became the new referee n his mom's husband won $130k in a personal injury lawsuit. I never believed mothers could lose their kids to their abusers n I never thought family court was all about money, until it happened to me. B4 that I always though the same way most ppl feel "Oh she must be a bad mother bc the courts r for women." I was wrong. Klonopin has helped me through the many times I've wanted to commit suicide or give up. Instead I keep my head held high n I continue to fight 3yrs later. I. A strong woman n I believe ahold can get me n my kids through this. But the Klonopin has really helped to calm my nerves. Sorry this post is a few yrs late. I just came across it now while researching Klonopin causing hyperthyroidism. Again, if there is anyone else out there who has developed hyperthyroid from Klonopin, plz keep in contact w me. We can talk on the forum or personally.