I have a bowel movement 4-5 times a day! Sometimes soft & sometimes not.

Is having several bowl movements with blood involved in the stool something that could be very dangerous?

Guest wrote:

Yes this could be. Have it checked by your doctor.

Guest wrote:

It is great that you can have 4-5 times a day bowel movements. If you read Dr Oz on Oprah he states the more the better. Everyone is different yet once a week or every 2 days a movement is not okay. You should have a movement at least 1-3 times a day or more. That is great that you have that many.

You are lucky to only go 4-5 times a day. I go on an average of 10 to 15 times a day. I also have started losing weight in the last two months. I was at 170 now I am down to 140.

Guest, have you been checked for cancer? Please tell me yes, cuz the constant bowel movement and weight loss are rather large signs, so please get checked. Not to scare you man, just trying to help.

Try having your thyroid checked. I also had an increase in bowel movements along with weight loss and was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism. Ask your family doctor to run the blood test.

What about 2-3 bowl movements a day without weight loss? This has just started in the last month for me. I get kind of excited cuz I think I'm going to lose weight...but I'm not...

Im sorry more then 4 bowel movements a day can be something wrong. unless you are really over eating.

Several movemnets with blood could be hemorids. I have this.. they cause pressure and make u go more but if you have no pain or burning then you could have somethin more serious. like Polyps benine or cancerous.

I frequently pass many more than that and don't feel like there is anything wrong with me. I sometimes need to go 8 or 9 times a day.

I would recommend asking your doctor on the safe side. There definitely seems to be some information missing. Fiber intake, diet, water intake, all play an important role. I was diagnosed with diverticulosis primarily because I ate too much. Really messed with my colon and intestines, I was having bowel movements at least 15 or more times a day until the Dr radically. Changed my diet.

you are completely wrong, its uncommon - it is often dependent on diet and exercise. Check your facts if you are unqualified before worrying people

Get tested for Celiac disease. My best friend went to the bathroom a lot through out the day and also lot about 20 pounds in the span of one month. She found out that it was the gluten that she was eating that was causing her to get sick.

Who's your doctor? If he helped change your life for the better maybe he can help me or others ;)