Hi, I had a thyroid scan. My TSH is normal, but I have thyroid antibodies present. I got Prednisone, anxiety medicine, and beta blockers to control the heart palpitatons. But, it is not really improving my condition. What do my results mean? Is it the right therapy?

Hi, I believe that it is essential to start with thyroid medicines to see some efficient progress and controlling of the disease. I also am present for antibodies, TSH normal. I take beta blockers, anxiety meds, to control heart palpitations but I did not start to feel better until they started me on Thyroid meds. I thought I was hyperthyroid, because my symptoms lead to such a conclusion but in fact I was hypothyroid. Although many doctors wouldn’t agree, from my experience it is important to start treatment on time to slow down the progression of the auto immune process.

I was fatigued all the time, hair falling out, extremly cold hands and feet, and gaining weight. It took about 3 years to find a good endocrinologist. I started on sythroid and got alittle better. However I would flare on and off with feelings of being very ill, fatigue, painful joints, memory problems, brian fog, migraines, a variety of digestive problems and much more. It took 7 years and almost dying before a very good Dr figured out I had severe hashimotos and need my thyroid removed. My anti thyroid antiobodies and autoimmune complexes were off the charts! After total thyroidectomy I tested negative for anitbodies and complexes. I am still on steroids because it takes so long to slowly decrease off of them, but in all it's been 3 months since my surgery and I am leaps and bounds better. I was so frustrated beacause I had every diagnosis from MS, LUPUS, to connective tissue disease but it was all my THYROID!!!!. And when they took my thyoid out they found papillary carcinoma and it was all removed- no spread to any lymp nodes. I am very hopeful and feeling great about my recovery.
Peace, blessings, and speedy recovery to all.