I know that weight loss in an obsession for many people. I am one of them because I knew how that carries risk of many chronic diseases, such as diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, cardiovascular disease, etc. What I wanted to ask is how coffee affect will to weight loss? I wonder this because I saw caffeine is often an ingredient in weight loss formulas. Also, I am diabetic, so I wonder how it affects insulin.

Since caffeine is stimulant, it is thought that it enhances fat metabolism and encourages weight loss. There are many people that believe their daily mug of coffee or other caffeinated drink helps them to lose weight. However, diuretic effect of caffeine is what causes weight loss, and this is loss of water and not fat. Caffeine ingestion contributes to insulin resistance and impairs glucose and insulin homeostasis as part of stress response. Even moderate amounts of coffee can have this effect to insulin. Elevated LDL and lowered HDL, obesity, high blood pressure cluster to generate insulin resistance syndrome. When people with this syndrome drink coffee as a weight loss aid, it negatively affects all conditions associated with this syndrome. Drinking coffee can also cause insomnia and sleep deprivation, both of which have been found to increase resistance to insulin. People that are deprived of adequate deep sleep, so are in situation of sleep debt have lower levels of glucose tolerance. That means greater insulin resistance, increased concentrations of blood cortisol and stimulation of the sympathetic nervous system.