I am a 14 year old male and I love coffee and have been drinking it for the past few years. I have recently started drinking less of it because many people have told me it stunts your growth, and I am worried about that. I have not gone through puberty yet or if so just started (recently started growing pubic hairs and ejaculating). If anyone can give me some information on this situation it would be greatly appreciated.

Coffee does NOT stunt your growth but caffeine at a young age is not good for your heart! As I am sure you know Caffeine is a stimulant! And with the extra height, and growing muscles etc. This puts extra pressure on your blood pressure and heart - and having a stimulant added to that isn't that great! Thus all of these "power drinks" being SO SO bad for teenagers - who they are marketed too! 

From the sounds of it you ARE heading into puberty - actually you have for awhile - it is just started showing now! Start REALLY taking care of your skin - washing and using a toner etc. Showering everyday - and using a body brush on your back (boys get acne a LOT on the back and the buttocks) Acne is caused by blocked pores, so using a gentle cleanser - brush, scrubbie etc. you keep your pores open and then using a toner, keep the pores clean! Also don't overdo scented body products - as these can REALLY make your skin react! And one more thing - for the sake of the planet - do NOT I repeat do NOT use AXE!!!! LOL Angels only fall to earth from the stench of the smell!!!! LOL Hope this all helps! Good luck honey!

Ok, thanks this does help alot, I'll try drinking decaf, and the other stuff helps aswell. Another thing, I have kidney reflux disise and my parents say that coffee is bad for my kidneys. Is this true?

1 cup a day is not bad! More than that is TOO much for your digestive system! And ANY reflux can be PAINFUL and debilitating, so keeping away from spicey, caffeine, sugary foods and drinks! It is imperative that you take care of your health when you are young! Because believe me honey, as you get older and you keep on abusing your body - with constant stimulants - one day you body will KICK you in the head for not taking care of it!!! LOL So be careful OK? Everything is FINE in MODERATION - or even MINIMALLY (to stop any detrimental affects)! My eldest had migraines when he was little, and MAJOR MAJOR nosebleeds, and the doctors told me we HAD to stop caffeine (chocolate), MSG, Salts, etc. And we did and EVERYTHING stopped!NOT drinking coffee and getting enough sleep you WILL reep the benefits of this honey I PROMISE! So start drinking water instead, and use relaxation techniques to start sleeping better! ALL 20+ year olds ALWAYS wish they had taken better care of themselves at your age! You don't want to get older and go "OH c**p! I should have NEVER done that...." OK? Good luck honey!

I actually looove spicy food and I have never found caffeine or sugary foods and drinks to have much of an affect on me. Is this okay?

Typical teenager!!!! LOL  ;-) It's not about right now honey it's about the future! My eldest son has an enlarge aeorta - which means NO smoking, drugs, alcohol, fighting, sports, stimulants (especially coffee, pop, "energy drinks") etc.! And guess what? he did ALL of these! He is coming up 19 and is now starting to feel "funny" when he does things! Which is his body saying "Now SIT down and SHUT up and LISTEN!" So NOW he is saying "yeah I wish I didn't do all of that stuff!" Which is VERY maddening to us! And his cardiologist just told him point blank "We have warned you and warned you of what NOT to do, and obviously you knew better, so IF you continue I WILL see you at your funeral!" o.O THAT is what he needed to wake him up! And I DON'T want you to get to that point honey! Obviously my son is an extreme case! And you being a teenager, you want to be able to do whatever you want! Ask ANY grownup, and ask them what their biggest regret was about being a teenager? They will say that it was how they abused their bodies, and laying passed out drunk in the middle of a playground - well that's only a FEW of them!!! LOL But seriously the attitude of being young, wild and free, only lasts for about 10 years, THEN it hits you and all of a sudden your health IS THE NUMBER 1 Priority! And with someone with a condition already, don't push it honey! There is NO pressure for you to drink coffee! And NO problem with drinking De-Caf - even though there IS caffeine in it! And DEFNITELY keep away from the "energy drinks" like Red Bull - and Gatorade! Check the ingredients - it's ALL sugar and caffeine! Also there are MANY children having strokes - they are not sure why! BUT just take care of yourself honey! Your body, mind, spirit WILL appreciate it! So in 25 years when you have you High School reunion, and your coffee drinking, smoking, beer drinking, Kush toking old buds, will look like they are 60 - no hair and out of breathe! And you will be healthy and able to look in shock at them! So just keep an eye on EVERYTHING OK! Cripe I wish I had said it DOES stunt your growth1!!! LOL

Ok THANKS (lol) this helped alot. I do want to take care of my body for the future but there's always that thought of "enjoy being young while it lasts," because when kids and teenagers complain about school and wishing they could grow up parents always say "have fun while it lasts" and stuff like that 'cause when you get older there's ALOT of resposibility and "all work and no play"

And taxes!!!! LOL Usually when parents say that is because when they got older - after partying hard for years - they then CAN'T do anything close to what they did! As you get older, booze eats your stomach - IF you have ever heard older people saying "God I can't drink like I used to,," And for the people that got wasted ALL the time, usually have a LOT of regret - about what they SHOULD have done! I'm NOT saying don't have fun honey! IF you want to be short all your life then do so!!!! ;-)  XD It's EVERYTHING in moderation honey! And REALLY look at some of this stuff! It is CRAZY what is in some of the c**p we put into our bodies! Instead of thinking the old way! Think of it like this "Have fun in moderation and it WILL last!" You will save money, your health, your reputation etc. 

When I was your age and a bit older - I drank my face off, and was a TOTAL alcoholic by 15, I was arrested (because a guy laced my drink with Angel Dust [PSP}) and I was a MESS! I got my life back on track, had several jobs - but wasn't drinking the money away! So when I was almost 17 I had close to $3,000 in my bank - this is almost 30 years ago honey! THEN I refound booze and WHAM EVERY cent was gone, and my reputation was in the ground! The amount of people that have REALLY bad pictures of me is ridiculous! And I've had to warn them about NOT putting them up on Face Book! I look back at my youth and CRINGE! It is a REALLY crappy feeling to know you did have EVERYTHING but you drank/smoked it away! So just moderation and take a look at the ingredients, and look them up honey! You WONT believe what is in this "stuff" 

bambi27 = dispenser of misinformation.

Coffee is safe. Coffee improves learning and memory. Cancer reduces the risk of Alzheimer's disease and heart disease. 

bambi27 sounds like a nitwit

Should I say that COFFEE reduces risk of AD and heart disease... A miistype, for sure...

LOL soo I guess I read all of that for nothing.. And I read it while sipping on my starbucks.