There is this guy I work with and I am pretty sure he has Asperger syndrome. He sometimes doesn't respond at all when you ask him something, and he doesn't do well in social environments. Having said that, he is pretty good at his job. Please tell me if it is true that there is dissociation with the environment in Asperger syndrome?

Oh yes, that is true without a doubt. Having said that, there are many more autistic spectrum disorders (ASD) that also include dissociation - come to think of it, all forms of autism include this in different degrees. It is also entirely possible that your coworker is just an oddball, with no diagnosis :-).

Thank you for your quick reply. Indeed, he could be just an oddball, thanks for mentioning that possibility. But there are other things he does that make me think he has Asperger syndrome. Like, he pays very much attention to details and has an awesome memory, but is bad when spontaneous solutions have to be found to problems that occur out of nowhere.