i am a 60 year old male and i have been having a problem with blood in the stools...i noticed it a few weeks ago. there is no pain as the stool passes out....so i've ruled out piles or hemorroids...i've had those in the past and there was always pain. But there is no pain with this bleeding. Cancer does run in the family, i've had one sister pass and at least one brother. i haven't said anything to my wife yet on this and i'm afraid of going to my doctor because i know he will order a colonoscopy and i don't want to go through that. any help would be appreciated. Thanks

You are sixty years old u are the right age to have it. I would not wait. If u love your wife get it checked out before its too late. Colon cancer is treatable through surgery and if caught on time at an early stage curable. I have a friend of mine who died because he waited and he was embaressed to have a colonoscopy done to him, and he suffered the consquence of it. He left his wife behind to pick up the pieces. Go get it check out so you can have many more years with your wife. My father is getting another one done in July and he is 64. Please do not wait.

You have to go. My friend died of this disease because he thought the same way as you did. I know colonoscopys can be embarrasing but it will safe your life. Do not think like my friend did, his wife is now picing up the pieces. My father is getting one done in July and he is 64. It is treatable if it is caught on time, do this for your wife, she loves you. Let your wife in on this so she can support you. Do not leave her in the dark. My prayers for you.