First of all, I would like to mention that I have never had any problems with my gastro-intestinal system and that’s way I got scared this much.
Three weeks ago I have noticed strange itchy feeling in my abdomen before I go to the toilet.
Then, one day, I have noticed blood on my underwear and on toilet paper after I've had a bowel movement.
You can't imagine how I felt when I saw that. So, I went to my gastrologist and, after one very unpleasant diagnostic method-colonoscopy, he discovered that I suffer from colon pollyps.
He said that this isn’t anything serious but I'm frightened because yesterday I heard on TV that this can lead to a cancer.
Is this true?

I would like to help you because I'm also diagnosed with colon pollyps several years ago and I am living with them all this time without any symptoms what so ever. So, you don’t have to worry at all.
Most small pollyps don't cause symptoms.
Often, people don't know they have one until the doctor finds it during a regular checkup or while testing them for something else.
But some people, like you, have expressed anal bleeding and that made them to contact a doctor.
A polyp is extra tissue that grows inside your body and they are covered with normal colon tissue.
You asked about possible cancerous change. Well, most are benign, which means they are not cancer, but over time, some types of pollyps can turn into cancer.
So, no meter how benign this situation really is – you must understand it very seriously. If it is a case of one polyp than doctor will remove it, but if this is a several pollyps case, than doctor leave them in you body, monitoring you from time to time.

Hi, I'm ninteen years old and I have rectal bleeding with slight mucus. I have had diarreah for about 3 weeks and bad cramping. I have been looking on the internet trying to figure out what it could be. Im scared that it might be colon cancer. I cant focus on anything but that. I am a father of a 1 year old, im too young to have colon cancer. I need help getting through this. What else could this be?
If anyone has any comments please email on my wifes email address- _[removed]_
Devin

Devin you need to go to the doctor to be examined. Oozy like to think of this and it can be something as simple as hemmohroids which can be detected with a rectal exam to something much more severe, go get seen now in case it is something that needs to be caught early