Users comments and reviews on article Addiction in general by TaniaT

I had a past with abusing meds.I stayed messed up all day.Couldnt go high enough.Until i had snorted 10 Oxcy's. I was overdosed.A friend had THAT stopped me in.I detoxed myself.I knew i would die.I started out as an occasionall thing among friends.So easliy i then moved on to everyday,every hour.Without even realizing id done this .Just divorced,angry confused and wanting to mask my emotions. Of course i eventually realized my so called friends were no good.I had become addicted to snorting pillsu name it i done it. in 3 mo.Buying them,trading tv's furniture you name it.BUT i also couldnt dtsnd the nose pain.I tried to detox but the pain sent me back.My nose and face felt like it would cave in.Id been married 26 yrs.NEVER had i ever lowered myself to things like this.I found that ice packs on my nose helped me to sleep.And spent several days in bed.But i beat it.Mental and depression got me in it,and got me out.email me if i can possibly help anyone here,It was a miracle i made it.And have been clean a year.

You story is very touching. Sorry about your wife, but the fact that you gave up addiction without going into rehab it`s wonderful. People should contact you to see how you did so they can do the same. You can provide help for so many people.