My daughter is about to become an anorexic and I don't manage to help her anyhow I always thought that anorexic could be prevented if the right approach to food and nutrition is provided at home but it seems that media impact is stronger than mine so I could practically say media impact on eating disorder in my daughter's case is so obvious and I am wondering now how am I suppose to win upon this strong media impact on eating disorder that is how else I could save my daughter of not becoming an anorexic for she just had started showing anorexia-bulimia symptoms and all that because she just wants to look like those tall and skinny girls from commercials and advertising.

As you are very well aware of-the media impact on eating disorder is very big especially in adolescents who are tough to be controlled-but I think your daughter already has a support in her family that almost always take a win on the media impact related to the eating disorder issue. Anyway teen-girls are the most affected with advertisings which promote so tiny figures that are so hard to achieve and most of them are practically starving-so tv and other media are very responsible in shaping the image at first place in adolescents how someone should be looking. Anyway though the social background is very important it is almost always combined with psychological aspect of the affected person and I would always advise medical help even in the prevention phase for it is on psychotherapy where the main eating disorders help tips are learned along with nutritional counseling and family support.