Hi, my friend is suffering from anorexia for some time. I have noticed it and advised her to visit her doctor and get professional help. Also I have noticed that she is vomiting very often after her meals so I would like to know if it is possible that she is suffering from bulimia too?

Hi, it is possible that your friend suffers from both disorders in the same time. She wants to reduce her weight as much as possible and she is afraid of weight gaining. These persons are starving themselves and are ready to exercise very hard just to stay thin. Also in some cases bulimia is accompanied because it is easy way for them to get rid of foof they have eaten.

more than likely yes.... I would like for you to encourage her to see a doctor fast and as soon as possible it can be mortal in more of the cases... She is loosing all the nutrients and proteins her body needs to survive... jacquelyn i would advise to you as her friend to tell her parents about it and make her go to a doctor as soon as possible to avoid serious problems

I would most likely say that this would be a case of purge-type anorexia, also called EDNOS (eating disorder not otherwise specified) for a simpler way to put it.

I know because i've had the same diagnosis before, as well as bulimia and anorexia at different times.

Please tell her to seek medical attention, and if necessary tell an adult you trust. She'll thank you for it eventually, when she's able to stay alive and healthy.

THANK YOU, for being such a supportive caring friend to her. You don't know how hard it is for people with eating disorders to realize that people matter more than they think.

I am 15.,my name is Chloe and I have barely eaten for four weeks.,I lost 123lb in that time period.,my period has been irregular and I have done this off and on throughout the years.,I was obese and now I'm almost not but I still feel fat every time I eat I look at myself and its like I gained 50lbs.,I'm on medication for depression.,ADHD,PTSD,and anxiety/panic disorder I also have a acid reflux problem I take meds for.,I was bullied for 15 years...and I was almost raped at seven...I was molested but I can't remember his name or his face..I hear voices and my hearing has becoming fainted and I am always fatigue and dizzy and out of breath like I can't breath.,my mom said I have a problem.,I've always been picky and in 6th grade I started to drink and eat less I lost my friend to anorexia last may..And my two other friends made a suicide pack and jumped off the bridge a month later then I lost my uncle to cancer.,lately I've been talking about my Weight to my family a lot and it's all I talk about.,I am not skinny bones yet so I'm not quite worried.,I already talk to my therapist about my problems but this one I'm finding hard to talk about I try hiding it I've been lying about eating sometimes and ill give my food to my little sister or throw it out the window.,I do eat though just not a lot.,I've become cotton mouthed and my head hurts a lot,I feel like I'm on a cloud or boat and if I get up to fast I feel like ill pass out , I haven't slept much in this last year and I avoid doing anything and find myself more attached to things that aren't important,I've become aggressive and angry.my friends all blew me off.,I'm alone basically.,I'm very soft spoken.,I also get pain and numbness and I get a burning in my eyes sometimes my bra size went down and shirt size when my jeans don't fit I don't eat my brain began to make choices for me and I find pleasure in not eating...

Hey. Look, I'm 13.. about to turn 14 my name's Bianca. I think I have an eating disorder. I puke everything out. Well, I try to. I'm about to lose my aunt. I'm aggressive, and I go off on people when I don't want to.. It's when I have way too much bull. I try to forget about my weight. I'm athletic. I think I've gone a size down in my jeans. I don't know what to do. I asked my mom like if a friend was doing it... She said my friend could die... am I going to die? I still have a bunch of fat on me... And when I think about it... I get nauseous  My stomach burns... What do i do? Who do I talk to? I don't want to end up in a mental hospital. I don't belong there. I'm pretty sane. I started cutting after my parents found me talking to a guy about stuff I shouldn't have. I sound really messed up but, I just want advice. My head's hurt for 2 weeks. A lot! I get really dizzy. I'm 5'2 150. What do I do? People say I don't look fat but, when I look in the mirror. I feel soooo fat! Somebody tell who to talk to? Who won't send me to a mental hospital? I don't want to see a shrink. Advice please? I'm a runner and a swimmer.