The toe next to the big one. I get the same kind of blister right on the side of it. Mind you, I don't get blisters everytime I run but when I do, it's this exact same spot?

I keep my toe nails clipped so it's not the nail digging into it...hmmm...

advice?

Could be your toes are 'spooning', and in a bad way. Have you ever tried Compeed?

that may be it...spooning sounds like they're getting romantically involved though 8O
What is this compeed all about, Fla?

Ever tried the "toe socks"?

same here - middle toe on left foot right on top. doesn't matter what shoes, socks, etc.

Searching for Compeed brings up the Band-Aid web site, so I have a strange feeling it's no longer known as Compeed. It looks like they've renamed it Blister Block.

It's a blister bandage that can stay on for days at a time. I've used it for blisters on my heels. Has worked well for me.

Think I'll try it! But it's funny, the part of my toe has been beat up so bad it's all calloused over and rough-like...it's like a tank!

And you keep getting a blister over/on top of the callous? Yeah, that's painful.

Maybe because it's so calloused, you might want to try a corn cushion instead. They look like a doughnut, so you put the empty part over the blistering area.

mmm...doughnuts....
perhaps I'll try that! Thanks.