I think I earned fractured calcaneous (I’m well familiar with this term because my younger brother broke his heel, too, but he was abroad and could only inform me of excruciating pain he had to go through until he was finally able to walk again). I was running my usual route and suddenly very strong pain forced me to stop and seek for help. But the doctors say that nothing is broken and that it will probably be all right in several days. I doubt that. Is there anyone with the similar experience? I still believe that something is broken in my left foot.

Trust your instinct (and your pain) and ask for additional check ups. I had my calcaneous broken two years ago, and the cause remained unknown - all I did was walking, but somehow it got broken. The place was painful and swollen and I went to the doctor’s. I was X - rayed and told that nothing was broken - nothing could be seen. Several days later, while I was running to catch a bus, the pain worsened and I literally couldn’t stand. I wanted a second opinion. The new doctor found four fracture lines but they were barely noticeable. This problem is known as calcaneous stress fracture - the fractures are really small and often can’t be noticed on X - ray. I had to go through a surgery, the place got infected and I ended up with osteomyelitis. The recovery was very long and painful. I believe that most of those problems wouldn’t have appeared had they discovered the fractures in time. Don’t let this happen to you.