Hello, folks. My friend has been experiencing some problems with his knee joint. In order to find out more, his doctor ordered arthroscopy. I have heard about this procedure, but I would like to know if it is done with local anesthetics or not. I would appreciate if someone could tell me this. Thanks.

Hi, there. Arthroscopy is the method for inspecting the interior structures of the joint. A small device is placed through small incision. It illuminates the inner structures. It can be done with general or local anesthesia. The preparation for the procedure will depend on the type of anesthetics. I recommend your friend to consult with a doctor which one is better to use. I hope I’ve helped a little. Let me know the choice of your friend. Good luck to him!

Hi, there. Arthroscopy is a great method. It is a minimal invasive method. It can show a pretty good picture inside the joint. My aunt had this procedure. She chose local anesthesia. It is less complicated for preparation. If you take general one, you mustn’t eat certain period before. In any case, your friend should consult his doctor. Bye!