I have had this problem for a little while now and wonder if it is hemmorhoids or something other. After I have a bowel movement, I clean myself as good as possible. Not matter how clean I get myself, I begin itching within an hour. If I let it go long enough, it is terrible! when I go back to clean myself again, there is more waste on the toilet paper, and sometimes if I let it go long enough, just a little blood. Very little.

If I am having this problem and defecate again, then it gets pretty painful.

I have no problems if I immediately shower after the bowel movement and clean the area thoroughly with soap and water. Is this Hemorhoids? fissures? Pinworms? what?

I think these are hemorrhoids and that you should be checked for it. If your bowel movements are not so painful, I suppose you could get rid of them easily. DO you suffer from constipation?
The reason why I think these are hemorrhoids is because I had them only once. They weren’t so painful but were still annoying. My mom is a nurse, so she told me to wash my bottom each time after having bowel movements, so I did. I managed to get rid of them in a month.
Since you reported having no troubles after taking a shower and cleaning well the area ( U can’t clean it so well with only paper), I suppose you have hemorrhoids as well but you never know for sure until you are looked at.

i am suffering from hemmoroids and at the same time havin upset bowels problem. what ever i eat cannot be digested soon. i am not even able to eat spicy food. what am i suggested to do

I hope this will help to you.

In January 2007 I started drinking a lot of water (as it is claimed you need to drink this much fluid a day (your body weight / 2 = daily water intake in oz)) So i was consuming a lot of fluid, mainly water, no soda. It made me go frequently to the bathroom and few weeks after I started having rectal bleeding after bowel movements, and it started to itch after bowel movements, and sometimes it was so uncomfortable that the itching would become so uncomfortable throughout the day and sometimes even start burning . I went to doctors and all they said that I had external hemorrhoids and they gave me "Anusol" for hemorrhoids but that did not help. I even went to rectal surgeon and he said that everything with the rectum was okay, and that there are couple of external hemorrhoids present but that they are not even that bad looking. And they recommended a cream with "Zinc Oxide" to prevent itching. Which I started using and it helped when I used it but when I did not use it I would still itch after BM.

But I continued to have problems after bowel movements. It was itching and itching, so I never stopped researching and took matters in my own hands. After constant looking, I found a site which I can not find now to post a link here that stated that drinking a lot of fluid a day can cause anal itching.

I have never thought of that as they were saying you need to drink a lot of fluids a day for healthy body, but that made things bad for me. I have finally quit drinking a lot of water and I maybe drink about 48 oz. to 64 oz. a day of fluids, and I am finally cured. NO MORE ITCHING no more Rectal bleeding after Bowel Movement.

I hope that this post can help you, by trying to consume less fluids, it is worth a try. It sure has helped me, and I am glad because it became so irritating the itching, and I wanted it to stop so bad.

Good luck, and I hope you find your cure.

I have been having a real irratating feeling at night with my anal region and its keeping me awake at night, I wouldn't say its itching but inside it feels as though it maybe if that makes sense. I have been on on a strict detox and have only been drinking water and green tea for the last 9 weeks but this problem has only just started to occur over the last 2 weeks, I first thought as though it may be worms, so I dewormed myself and it was not that...I am a 35 year old fit and athletic male and maybe I thought I could be down to becoming vegitarian - One thing is for sure its not very nice and I would love to solve this problem. Interestingly I have been consuming alot of water, up to 2.5lt a day pending on my training?