Hello. I'm 23 year old male and I have some weird questions. You see, lately I’ve thinking a lot about bowel movements and some regularity in all this. The thing that is confusing me is that sometimes I have one bowel movement a day and sometimes one a week.
I don’t know is this good or bad but I would definitely want to find out more about it.
In would also like to find out more about normal stool size and shape. I have heard somewhere that stool shape can even indicate on colon cancer. Is this true?

Hi. I know some facts about this and will gladly share them with you. First I want to tell you that thinking about this isn’t weird at all because it represents a important aspect of human health.
The fact is that there is no right definition for normal bowel movement. Normally it can range from 3 times a day to 3 times a week.
Less than 3 movements a week may indicate constipation, and more than 3 watery stools a day could indicate diarrhea.
A bowel movement should be soft and easy to pass, al though some people have harder or softer stools than others and it is also considered to be normal. You are right- shape of stool can indicate on colon cancer because cancer often is making impression on passing stool so it looks like a gutter.

I understand your problem & suffering.

I too agree with tawsha, There is no specific definition for normal bowel movement.

I would like to suggest you some home remedy : Drink a glass of hot water before going to bed at night.

Soak some raisins in water overnight. Eat them early in morning as you getup ...empty stomach.

After 10-15 mins drink glass of water . It will help you in cleaning your bowel.

Try this for at least a week......Otherwise the best solution I can give you is to consult your doc.

Good luck Buddy!!