My mother is suffering from OCD. She has been diagnosed it with OCD last week. She washes her hands every minute and cleans it as soon as she touches something. Can you tell me how to cure OCD? Is there a cure?

Now there are two methods of treating the OCD. The first is the use of SRI’s, or serotonin seuptake inhibitors and SSRI’s, or selective serotonin seuptake inhibitors, which are used to increase the levels of serotonin, a chemical messenger in the brain. The other treatment is cognitive behavioral therapy, which exposes the patient to her or his obsess ional fear. In yours mother case, she would be exposed to, for example, touching a dirty floor and then delaying her compulsive response, washing her hands. The aim is to ease distress, because the patients learn to handle the anxiety, and they become less and less afraid.