For the past 3 months, I have had an unusual pressure type feeling in my head, a band type feeling. The pressure itself is constant from the time I wake up in the morning until I go to bed. I have intermitten headaches, but I wouldnt consider them migraines but more like a tension headache. Since these symptoms started, Ive also had visual floaters constantly.

I do not have a history of migraines or headaches for that matter. Im 28 years old and was actively working out and exercising 4-5 days/week prior to all this happening.

So far, Ive seen an Opthalmalogist and my eyes were in perfect health. My family doctor has ran blood work and this came back normal. Ive seen a Neurologist and had a brain MRI done. Ive also been seeing an Atlas Orthogonal Chiropractor to see if this was upper cervical related. Nothing has helped or been diagnosed yet. The Neurologist has checked for Lymes and wants to perform a scan of my cervical spine.

I do have a grinding/cracking sound in my neck when turning it to the left or right. This has been present for years, but these rare symptoms have only been present 3 months or so.

Prior to all this, I had a cold that lasted for about 3 weeks before it went away. Then I started a 30 day herbal body cleanse. Days after the cleanse was complete, these symptoms began. All this could be a coincedence but Im not sure. Im just looking for some answers.

You need an MRI but if you're having cracking in your neck it could be worthwhile going to a chiropractor. You might have slipped a disk and it's putting pressure on your head.

Hey, I've been having all these symptoms.
The cracking of the bones is at the top of my spine and only goes down to say the middle of my shoulder blades.
My eye test came back fine but I'm going for a more extensive one this week.
I'm also going the doctors this week to see what he says.
I was just wondering if you had any answers yet seen as it has been a few months since you posted this.
I was also wondering if your eyes have been sensitive to light, ears ringing constantly and seen any small glowing lights aswell as the floaters?

xl_dean_lx, i just came off a colon cleanse a few days ago. Shortly afterward, I noticed a pressure-type headache. It literally feels as if I am losing my mind! It feels as though my brain is tired, and my neck muscles are just dying to go to sleep. The pain comes and goes, but the pressure is with all me all the day. I also feel as though I am going to pass out- maybe because i just feel totally off balance.I found it interesting that you mentioned you had done a total body cleanse. I am starting to think that my pain might be a result of the cleanse- I may have not been able to replenish nutrients I had lost- just a thought- anyway, my tension is in the middle of my head- unlike most peoples. I do think I will see a chiropractor because I may just be in need of some adjustment, so I agree with Guest that it may not ba a bad idea to see a chiropractor. Also, I am having problems with my knees which I doubt is related. The only way I could see a correlation with the headache, is at times it is difficult for me to walk, and so I put all my weight on my left side, and that might be what has affected my balance. Any ideas? All the best!

Have you considered MS? It causes muscle weakness, unsteady gait, visual disturbances and headaches.

This was quite sometime ago when I posted about this but I wanted to follow up.

Here it is Sept 2012 and there has been no relief or diagnosis. I still have constant head pressure, neck pain, intermittent facial tingling, brain fog, a sense of being hungover while completely sober, and visual floaters.

Since my original post I have seen 4 neurologist, neurosurgeon, chiropractor, tmj specialist and so on. I've had MRI's, CT Scans, MRA's, been tested for celiacs disease, cervical epidural injection, purchased a tmj splint for bruxism, gluten free diet, etc...still nothing!!!

The only thing the doctors have found is 2 herniated disc in my neck. None of the neurologist or neurosurgeons recommend surgery or contribute any of the symptoms to the discs. Arm tingling is the only symptom they claim is possible due to the location of the herniation. The most recent doctors is recommending a lumbar puncture to see if theres a viral infection since all this followed a nasty flu 4 years ago.

I'm at a loss!

Hi, I'm having similar symptoms after an infection and being on flagyl. Started in march and I am dealing with brain pressure daily.

Any resolvement with your symptoms?

Listen and Listen closely I HAD THE SAME EXACT THING AND AFTER A MONTH THE NEUROLOGIST AND REG. doc couldn't tell me what was wrong. They gave me a round of predisone which helped but only for a week. I couldn't figure it out and was going out of my mind. I went back to my reg doc's office BUT THIS TIME SAW AN OLDER MORE EXPERIENCED DOCTOR I HAD SEEN BEFORE. PLEASE LISTEN TO THIS....it may seem simple and too simple but it is mixed headaches.....vacular and non vascular headaches. I was on 2 different daily migraine meds (topomax and veraprimil) this doctor said it was only treating the vascular ones and I needed to treat the non vascular ones-----the pressure, fatigue, stiff neck.....(non vascular) gave me anitripteline and after a few days i am good as new....PEOPLE IT WAS THE WORST MONTH OF MY LIFE....THE PRESSURE WAS 24/7 DAY AND NIGHT....JUST LIKE 1000'S HAVE DISCRIBED ON LINE.........I AM HEALED...AND BACK TO MYSELF AGAIN THANKS TO AN OLD WISE DOCTOR WHO TOOK THE TIME TO LISTEN TO MY HISTORY AND SYMTOMS.

I'm sorry that I cannot locate the case study, (it appeared in PubMed), but it involved an elderly woman who experienced acute electrolyte imbalance following the colon cleanse. Electrolyte balance is vital for all functions.

I absolutely understand the feelinging. What I think I should focus on with my doctor are these symptoms of lupus. That's what ive came up with after years and years worth of trying to get to the bottom of this