I adore Italian food and since Im constantly on a diet in order to reduce my weight I usually have to avoid it. But, Ive taken up cycling recently and a friend of mine told me that pasta is, actually, good for cycling. I think she was just pulling my leg and making fun of me for being so strict about my diet. Can you tell me if there is at least a bit of truth in that?

Its completely true! Pasta is excellent food for a cyclist as well as other grain products and starches. These are considered to be the most important part of a cyclist diet. It gives enough energy for longer rides. Certain simple sugars and carbs are quickly burned and youre left hungry and exhausted sot that you have to eat again. Pasta can be eaten as dinner after an exhausting ride. But Id suggest you to go and see a nutrition specialist who would prescribe you a good and healthy diet while riding and training. Not each organism functions in the same way and you should have a diet that will do you good. The point is that cycling is a very demanding sport and you can shape up your body without having to be on one of these low fat and low carb diets.

Barilla is Italian pasta manufacturer that make whole grain pasta. Ever since I found these I have never ever used anything else. It comes in a variety of forms such as spaghetti, fussili and penne. It is full of fiber and you cannot tell a difference in taste. I recommend it.

Pasta is great source of energy needed for every sport, including cycling.
Not to mention how delicious it can be if you put right ingredients inside. :)

pasta is great for sports - better combine it with vegetable sauces if on diet, but yes, great food for cycling..