I HAVE THE CONTRACEPTIVE IMPLANT (IMPLANON) AND I KNO THAT SIDE EFFECTS ARE THE YOU CAN HAVE IRREGULAR BLEEDING OR NONE AT ALL, SINCE HAVING THIS INSERTED A YEAR AGO THIS MONTH I HAVE ONLY HAD ONE PERIOD, IS IT HEALTHY FOR MY BODY TO NOT HAVE PERIODS. WHAT HAPPENS TO MY EGGS AND AM I PUTTIN MY BODY IN ANY SORT OF DANGER?? ANY ANSWERS WOULD BE GREAT

No, contraceptives work by preventing eggs to be produced, so that you wouldn’t ovulate. When a person doesn’t ovulate, there is no period. A period is a product of ovulation. During a menstrual cycle, a uterine lining is formed when the egg is released, progesterone levels rising to make the uterine lining. The uterine lining serves for the egg to attach itself when fertilized and then we get pregnant. When the egg doesn’t get fertilized, we expel this uterine ling in a form of a period.

When we don’t ovulate (contraceptives make sure we don’t, so we wouldn’t produce/release eggs, we don’t expel the lining because it doesn’t form.

In order to use contraceptives, you need to be checked if your liver can take it. It is always best to be checked by a doc before using contraceptive pills, implants, etc

Implanon contains only progesterone and high progesterone levels trick brain and make it think that you are pregnant, so that you wouldn’t ovulate, it also thickens cervical mucus, so that sperm wouldn’t reach fallopian tubes and egg (if released) and it also thins uterine lining preventing implantation that way.

Hi there I got the implant about 3 weeks ago and I had hoped that I wouldn't have any periods, but I have only just came on yesterday, it's not especially light or heavy, just the same as what I'd have without the implant really. I was just wondering what is most likely to happen, could I still not have any periods? Could this be my only one? Or will I bleed constantly for three months like I have heard has happened to some people?