Couldn't find what you looking for?


i have been having pain during intercousre for 3 yrs now, i have been checked and i don't have a sexual disease.anyway now the left side of my stomach is swollen and i just don;t know whats causing it.I would like some advice please if someone could help me i would appreciate it.


Have you had an ultrasound done? Did you tell your doctor about the pain? Did they try to investigate it further?

You didn’t specify your age, which is kind of important, so I could think of possible conditions that could be causing this. There are conditions that are more prevalent in women in their thirties and older but some are also common in teenagers.

Considering you said that your abdominal area got swollen, I would suggest you saw a doc again. These could be ovarian cysts that may grow to be very big (may even burst as a complication and cause life-threatening condition). Big ovarian cysts may cause pain during intercourse.

It could be uterine fibroids that may grow to be so big that you look pregnant. They too cause painful intercourses.

Endometriosis is a condition in which the cells that line the uterus grow elsewhere, on ovaries, bladder, fallopian tubes, even bowels. The problem is that during ovulation, these cells create lining which usually sticks to uterine walls so that fertilized egg may implant and if pregnancy doesn’t occur, we shed this lining in a form of a period. When period comes, the lining that had grown on other organs also wants to be shed but it has no place to go. It may build up. This condition could also make you swell and hurt while having sex.

It is important you see a doc again.