I am a 25 year old female. I have 2 wonderful children. Ever since my period first started it has never been regular. I have a period about 3-4 times a year. I feel like an enotional basket-case. My first child came after 4 years of having unprotected sex with my husband. Then my second child they put me on this for all sorts of things, provera, and then clomid. I got pregnant after 6 months of shots, and about 20lbs of weight gain. They have never really tested me to find out why I don't ovulate they just said that was the case because my periods are not regular. So my question is how do I make my period more regular so that I can ovulate? And also how often do when have problems ovulating do to their periods? Thanks ?

Health Advisor
First of all, you should know that first it comes ovulation and then the periods. Periods are a cause of ovulation. When a woman ovulates, a lining is made in her uterus for the fertilized egg-soon to be a baby. When the fertilization doesn’t occur, this uterus lining is shed, and that is what we experience as periods.

If the doctors that you saw haven’t made any tests to see the possible causes of your non-ovulation, maybe you should see another doctor. They gave you the shots because they thought there’s isn’t enough production of estrogen, a hormone that stimulates ovulation.
Sometimes some uterine abnormalities can be the cause but this is probably not your case as you have already given birth. Irregular ovulation/periods are often caused by stress or bad nutrition. You could find a doctor who specializes in this area and work with him/her.

Are you planning on having more children?