i have heard of having contraction pains a few days after birth and when you breast feed. However, i had my child 2 years ago (c-section) and i didn't breast feed. Every few weeks i get hit with a pain that feels very similar to a contraction and is obviously very painful. It's been like this since i had him and i was told it would go away but it hasn't. is this at all normal, or cause for concern?

I've been having terrible contractions. I have had some cramping since my son was born 6 months ago, and found out I had a bacterial infection about a month ago. It was treated, the cramps subsided, and then returned. Last night they woke me up as if I was having labor again. I have been trying to get into my doctor again, but it's as if they don't take me seriously.

oh im so glad im not alone my daughter is 4 and ahalf months and i just started having contraction i think it may be due to the birth control i was on

I feel the exact same way. I came across your post while searching myself. I had my daughter 2 years ago via c-section & I am still experiencing contractions. I don't understand it, the contractions hurt soo bad I don't even wanna breathe. It happens regularly every few weeks and I can't explain it.

Hi there. I came across your post while searching for the same. I had an unmedicated vaginal birth. My daughter is three now and ever since she was born up until present day, everytime she cries, has tantrum or otherwise stresses me I have uterine contractions. I have been using an IUD since 6 mos postpartum. Im assuming it has something to do with the IUD side effects, yet it only happens when she or I become upset. It seems to be a physiological reaction to the stress. I have heard of studies that document biological parents physiological reaction to their children's cries that motivate them to console the child (ie. Not being able to think straight, becoming emotional, ect). It must be something along these lines. I must say, although it is endearing to think we have such a strong connection with our children, dealing with contractions while trying to reasonably discipline a toddler tantrum is quite challenging! Any advice is welcome.

i had my son 8 months ago . But in the last few days i started to get back pains. I also thought I was feeling period pains. Period was not due . Now it feels a bit like contractions !!!

I had my daughter nine months ago and I have been having contractions between periods since I've had her. My only reasonable guess is that I am ovulating and now I am more in tune, I.e. the contractions. I hope this helps.

My son is 3 and I'm still having  contractions really bad I have told my doc and he told me to start taking brith control to see if it would help so I have been on the brith control patch for over 7 months and I'm still getting them a lot

My daughter is two and Im having contractions right now and nausea! What do I do? I dnt trust doctors anymore!

Right at first its like...damn Im coming on again, then before you know it you feel like your on an episode of I didnt know I was pregnant.

Did you have your child vaginally or with c-section? I had a c-section after 72 hrs of induced labor...smh!

Contractions are normal and will continue as your uterus contacts/body/ organs/ abdomen return to its normal size

I had my daughter 3 months ago. And I just started having horrible contractions. I think it has something to do with the fact I have ovarian cysts. They feel like contractions to me but these are way worse.

I was looking for the samething. Everyone else says they had their baby months ago. But my son is 2 years old and tonight I'm having pains that come and go and feel exactly like contractions. What happened with you?

My daughter is going to be a year old in a few days and I have found myself still having the contractions I was starting to have before having an emergency c-section a month early. I have a theory that it might be a missing chemical reaction that is supposed to happen between the baby coming out and the placenta coming out. Most of the women who have this happening seem to have had a c-section and are having contractions at the same level as just before their child was born. The other women who have this happening had a vaginal birth, but I am going to guess that it was difficult for them. I really do think that my theory fits, because there is a chemical released that starts the contractions, so there must be a chemical released to stop the contractions. So if contractions are still on going than that must mean the second chemical was not released or was not strong enough to stop the contractions, making our bodies think that there is still something there needing to be pushed out when in actuality there isn't. I am going to be bringing this theory up to my Doctor on my next visit, and will post what she says, but I would also like everyone else to bring it up to their Dr.s as well so that it can maybe be confirmed or not by others.