I had my baby 8 moths ago, but my stomach is still really swollen and painful in the upper abdomen area near the top of my rib cage. three people have asked when my baby is due and i have been too embarressed to admit that i had my baby 8 months ago...
Iwondered if you could give me any suggestions i would be so gratful. I have been to the doctors on three occassions and everytime i have seen a GP he has just said,it takes time for stomachs to go down after pregnancy. I dont believe for one minute that this us the case.
regards jameela

I just want to let you know that I have a similar problem. The upper part of my stomach still looks like I am 4 mnths pregnant and my belly button still sticks out. I had a baby boy 10 mnths ago. Everyone tells me give it time however I know that something is just not right. I am very fit and excercise everyday. this is my second c-section. I have no fat on my body and my belly is hard no soft and flabby. I am waiting for my gyn.app. but this is driving me insane because no matter what I do it doesn't help. It's get worse after I eat.

i have the same prob i had a c-section my daughter is 5 months old and my stomach is huge i still look preg. i cant stand it i have never seen anyone have this prob. its hard but it sticks out more under my belly button i look like i am 4 or 5 months preg an i excersice it wont go down its ruining me!! i hate it i am also waiting to see gyn all other dr tell me it taked time bull!!

Well, I am just like you I had my baby 1 1/2 years ago and
the same applies for me I have a large hard time just like
I am 5-6 months pregant. No help in sight.
It would be nice if we could actually get a constructive response
to our questions.

Cayman's Mommy

I have the same problem....larger at top...smaller at bottom of stomach. Found this on the web tonight...it may be an answer.

Question: I gave birth to my daughter 8 months ago and I still feel movements in my stomach. I've been to my OB/GYN and she insists that it's just my uterus, after having a tubal ligation. I'm told constantly that I still look pregnant. My upper portion of my stomach still protrudes as if I'm pregnant where as the lower part has come down. My question to you is what can I do to get faster results in getting my upper portion to flatten like the lower part? Are there any exercises to get the uterus back in it's place?

Answer: You may have a hernia. That is, the muscles that run down the length of your abdominal wall and help to keep your belly flat, may have separated during your pregnancy. When these muscles separate, your intestines may push forward and cause your abdomen to protrude. Your abdomen is also a common area for fat to deposit both during and after pregnancy. The sad part is that, sometimes, no matter how much exercise you do, the belly still doesn't become flat again. My suggestion would be to lose weight, if that is a problem, and perform abdominal exercises, like crunches, every day. If that doesn't work, you might consider consulting with a surgeon to determine whether you have a hernia that can be repaired with surgery. --Dr. Hilda

I have a similar issue my son is 1yr 6months old and i still have movements at times, my upper part of my stomach wont go down !
i eat right , i jogg twice a week and it seems not to work .. but the pain keeps going.My doc said it was just back muscles that were tight and i had to exercise but the next day it hurts even more i dont know what this pain could be? my stomach feel bloated and belly area hurts as if i was pulling a muscle and my back also hurts by my ribs, this pain is driving me crazy.And when im at work it is very uncomfortable working with a pain that just wont go away.

Wow lady's im so glad I am not the only one who has this problem.Im so releved there is other people for A minute there I thought something was terribly wrong.All though I have not seen A doctor yet

I have a three year old son and still have this problem. I have a soft bulge on the top of my abdomen, and my stomach is very tender to the touch. I'm in tears if anything touches it. I've had one hernia surgery, two adhesion removals, and still no relief. I've seen every doctor possible with no answers. I can't be too active because of the pain, and feel out of breathe constantly. I do have a slight seperation inbetween my abs, to the point if I lay down, my belly button disappears, not very attractive. My belly button sticks out slighty. I've lost weight because sometimes it just hurts to eat, and am under weight now. I think this has to do with the seperation of my abs, but the majority of the doctors I've seen said that would never cause pain,(which I highly doubt.) If anyone comes up with an answer, or if I do, I will post immedately. It's just nice to see that I am not alone.

I had a similar problem that started about 4 months after giving birth. Every time I had a rich meal, I would have an upset stomach. Over the next few months, it became worse. After talking to my sister (a general surgron), she recommended I get an ultrasound on my abdomen. Prognosis--> I had gallstones and an inflamed gallbladder.

I ended up having a major attack before I had a chance to even schedule a surgery and ended up with gallstone blocking my bile duct. I ended up having the gallbladder removed, and the pain went away!

If your pain is in your upper, right abdomen. It might be associated with your gallbladder. A simple ultrasound can really help determine if this is a correct diagnosis.

since i posted this my symptoms still persist and if anything has worsened. I now have lower abdominal pains and spasm which i have never had before.. Doctors think it could be IBS but since my mums passing a yearago now to bowl cancer im worried it could be the starting of something! Would you believe i went to the doctor and was told to stop worrying myself, i asked for some tests to be done and they refused!! what a great NHS we have!!

I'm having the exact same symtoms. Went for a CT scan in novembr they couldn't find any galstones. Can only go for an ultrasound Middle Feb in the meantime I'm having this pain and have tried everything. Scared to have my galbladder remove my baby is only 3 1/2 months and I have to take care of her. How long were you hospitalized after you had yours removed?

Ladies, try cutting out dairy, notorious for causing gas and bloating.  that includes whey.  U will be shocked how much dairy is in everything, including non-dairy creamer.  Also, the other scary thing is to get a colonoscopy if you are having pain.  could be crohns - ulcers in your small intestine.  which can lead to surgery or cancer long term.  don't fool around, get a good GI - I had this after having my baby.  autoimmune is rampant post pregnancy.  I think it has a lot to do with being vitamin d deficient.  big studies on autoimmune and vitamin d relationship.   so get ur D levels checked.  30 - 100 is the range, I was 24 and also had a bone scan.  diagnosed with osteoporosis at 39.  no beuno.  and crohns too boot.  good luck!

What kind of symptoms does chrons cause. I have been so sick since my baby was born via c section in July, 2012. Ive had several emergency room visits, found a cycling thyroid issue from hyper to hypo every few weeks, but my doctor is at a loss as to what's causing my digestive upset. Please any information would be helpful.

Hi, I have had three c-section and my last baby is now going on three months. and my stomach is still bolated and looks like I'm 8 months pregnant. I have been to my doctors many times and nothing, I'm still experiencing pain in my stomach. And my stomach is still very hard is that normal 

Hi, I have had three c-section and my last baby is now going on 9 months months. and my stomach is still bolated and looks like I'm 8 months pregnant. I have been to my doctors many times and nothing, I'm still experiencing pain in my stomach. And my stomach is still very hard is that normal