Hello. I have been dealing with this issue for a couple of years now and today it just got out of hand. Every month I know when my period is about to start because of course you get the bloating, tender breasts and cramps except I get only one cramp that is not in my stomach. It is the "highly hilarious" (according to friends and family) butt cramp. Yes you read that right, butt cramps! It hurts like hell and they can last anywhere from a couple of hours to a full blown 2 days. It feels as if my bones are slowly separating in my buttocks and there is nothing I can do to stop it besides lay on my belly. I can barely walk when I first wake up and then the rest of the day, I'm bent over moving like a snail terrified of the pain. Today was just horrible because I just had to stand there and wait it out. I recently told my grandmother about it and after she stopped laughing like a hyena, she told me it sounded like a contraction pain. But, that's impossible because it only happens before and/or during my period. I would just like to know if anyone knows what this is and if anyone else experiences these pains?

i have almost the same thing except i have contration like things that wrap around myback and then to my vaginal area  repeat several times over the course of hours until i take enough muscle relaxers(naproxen) and midol for them to stop. this pain gets so intense thatoften i feel like i need to take a bowel movement or evacute my stomache (much more creative than vomit) and end up in the fetal position with a heating pad around my torso. as im laying here right now i have the urge to do all of the above. the only saving grace is that i am now on seasonique so it is reduced to every three months but still the main part of my period. before my period lasted 7-9 days with about 5 with me swallowing pills to help with the pain.  the only thing i can suggest is a heating pad, naproxen or stonger muscle relaxers,finding a position thats comfortable and if possible and necessary anti nausea pills its the only thing thats worked for me thus far and ive been going through this for years. honestly talk to your ob/gyn and discuss the possible options. 

I know what you mean .... I had terrible contractions for a year every time I got my period. At first when it started I didn't know what it was just that I had terrible pain across my front, back and I wanted to vomit & push down, or something out of the back passage at the same time. I heated up and couldn't stand clothes on, dizzy, nauseous and near fainted if I tried to walk. I was torn between lying on the cold bathroom tiles, to hanging over the toilet bowl and all the time groaning each time I had a contraction. My period exhausted me and took a week to recover leaving me two good weeks and than I was back into it again. Like you both I began to use pain killers regularly to get rid of the contractions, especially if I was working and it came on.

But there is hope - It became unbearable and after reading womens health books on pregnancy ( I wasn't pregnant but looking for some information on contractions) I found something about magnesium. I found a good nutritionist and chiropractic and the great news if I have found a way to stop the baby birthing contractions!. Let me know if you want to know more??

OMG...This is so me! I know when my period (MOLLY) is around the corner and about to knock on my door cuz the pain gets worse. On her arrival day it's light but the next day when it's on full blast OMG! This didn't start until I hit 40 and sometimes it's really bad...my daughter who is 16 also feel butt pains during her period. Today for me was so bad I hit google for answers...I thought I was one of those ladies who didn't know they was preg that's how bad the contractions was today from the front to the back!!!! I had tears today :(

Sciatic endometriosis is what you may have.

I weep as I read your story - I am in search of an answer and all I see is pain killers - or deal with it

Thank God I thought I was the only one to feel vagina contractions/cramps. I used to have very very bad period cramps, these cramps where so bad that I would cry while resting, once I had some food I would get worse cramps. Once it was so bad that I had a very bad fever a spontaneous one to be exact, my mother was so worried that I slept with her that night.
Now I'm on the pill for 3 years now and I'm glad as my cramps are way more relax.

I’m dealing with the same issue! It woke me up several times last night out of a deep sleep. Its like it builds up and you can feel the sharp pain travel through your back/abdomen down to the vaginal and anal area. I thought it was gas but it kept happening. I’ve also noticed it happens a couple days after menstruating... but regardless the brief minute or two that it lasts... it HURTS. I’ve never experienced labor, but could imagine that’s close to the same feeling. Just by briefly searching the web, I’ve seen two names that people were diagnosed: Mittelschmerz & Proctalgia. Hope this helps!!

I have exactly this! I just never know how to explain it. People think I am just dramatic. Doctors don't understand me when I try to explain it to them. They think it's just a regular cramp but no. It hurts so much, to the point that I may even start crying. I can't move during the contraction. When I was younger, I would scream my guts out. Now I just suffer in silence, bent over. Thank you so much for sharing this. Now I know that it is a real thing.

Hi! I’d like to know more!