Yucky topic I know but I'm wondering if anyone can help. Since I started up running again earlier this year my sweat factor has increased dramatically. Any time I do any type of physical activity the sweat just starts poring down and I can only attribute it the running. It's like my sweat glans got woken up or something and now they love it. I'm ok as long as I'm not movin or shakin but as soon as I start something up (heck even mowing the lawn) the sweat starts to pour like buckets.

Any thoughts or remedies?

(heck even mowing the lawn)
I'd say that's normal... I work up a pretty good sweat when I cut the grass.

I've read a couple different articles in running magazines on sweat. Researchers have compared elite runners to newbie runners and the elites sweat more than twice as much. It stands to reason that your sweat function becomes more "fit" as the rest of you does. And my personal experience I hear comments like this all the time from long-in-the-tooth runners. You will sweat more easily and more voluminously as a fit runner than you did before.

Remedies? Nada. You just have to get used to it. I think most people stock up on "moisture management" fabrics in their wardrobe. Start looking for "coolmax" or "armour wear" or "drylete" and the like. You'll even see dress slacks and polos these days made from moisture management fabric. I've got a couple golf shirts that are just great for summer wearing to keep from looking "damp" if I'm out and about. Socks, briefs.. start thinking head to toe on what you wear :)

Well, elite runner I am not but I have certainly noticed an increase in my perspiration since I began running regularly.

You've also answered another question I have and that's about purchasing the sweat clothing. My brother swears by his drylete clothes from the running room but it's so expensive. I just run in cotton shirt and shorts but was thinking about whether I should try more professional materials. I like the idea of a golf shirt in a sweat mgt. material. I never knew that and it would come in handy if I was going some where that I knew I would be warm but had to keep my composure, if you know what I mean.

Thanks for the good advice.

Go to your local Wal-Mart and buy the knock-off brands. They are getting more and more to choose from all the time, and they are just as good IMO.

We have Wal-Marts up here. I hadn't heard of LandEnd but definitely Wal Mart.

Great advice, thanks.

i just hit up wally world yesterday and got two new "coolmax" shirts for 3.76 each.
you can also try places like marshalls, tj maxx, and ross stores if you want name brands. still kind pricey (relative to walmart) and not always a great selection, but when you can find stuff it usually a bargain compared to retail prices...

Cool max for $3.76, that's incredible. Hmm still a marginal difference between pricing in the US and Canada. I don't think anything sells for that cheap here.

Definitely worth checking though. I'm not kidding, but at the Running Room the shirts and shorts are about $40 each. I won't even tell you the price for the tights and the jackets.

Li'l tip for the ladies in "Wal-Mark" (as Southerners often call it for some inexplicable reason) -- raid the men's section for the Coolmax stuff. I buy Starter brand gear from there at low, low, American schweinhund prices. For some reason, the ladies' section has mostly Hanes cotton stuff. Grrrr.

i noticed that too. i was shocked to see the girly "coolmax" shirts there at all. i sprung and got one in each color!

What southerners pronounce Wal-Mart that way???
Maybe southern states like Alabama but not "all" southern states.
A little on the over globalization maybe?
That's like saying all New Yorkers pronoune car as, caaaa.

No, that would be like saying Bostonians pronouce car as caaah.
I live here and I can attest that that is the case about 90% of the time.
talk about digging something up to pick a fight...this thread has been dead for 4 months ...