I bought two pairs of pad-less cycling tights the other day. They can serve double duty for running and riding. I know to wear padded shorts underneath the tights when I ride, but what does one wear for running?

I use coolmax liners. I use them with running shorts when it starts to get cool and under tights when it is cold. You can get them at the local shop or online.

I'm gettin' some really good visuals from this thread, guys, thanks! ;) :stalker:

Nothing to see here. Just keep moving folks.

I beg to differ. :stalker: Hmmm...

I normally don't wear anything under my tights. But since you and I don't have the same equipment, that might not work for you. If I understand TriBob correctly, he's talking about coolmax briefs. Something a little supportive, which isn't a jock strap. And they make them with a windproof pouch, so you might want to look into that.

See what working retail for 8 plus years does?

I tried nothing under the tights and lets just say I got a little cold down there. Switched to underware (briefs on cooler boxer briefs on colder) days and no problem.

I don't like to wear anything underneath, but when the Winter wind is out I would strongly suggest a Coolmax liner/wind brief.

In the late Spring / early Fall, I can get away with just the tights.

Usually nothing under the tights, during this time of year. I wear a pair of running shorts underneath, for the extra layer.

Frostbite once will learn ya. 8O

briefs.

<20F degrees, windpants over

I don't like to wear anything underneath.
Why do I keep getting this bad Cameltoe Elvis visual? :umno:

I usually just wear shorts over my tights when I do wear tights. Nothing actually underneath them. It generally doesn't get cold enough for me to have to worry about frost bite. Thank GOD! If I ever move north again I will have to look into getting some protection.