Hello everyone, my name is Pascal.
I have a few questions to ask if you guys and gals don't mind.
A little backround first though...

I used to be quite fit up until about 4 years ago. I met my current girlfriend and stoped playing soccer, running and just being active.
I have put on a fair bit of weight over that time which is kind of upsetting looking back at medals and trophies.

I've took up running twice this year, lasted a few weeks and then one day i say to myself "I can't be botherd today, i'll make sure i run tomorrow" and it's over. I want to take it up again, but this time i want to stick to it.

I want to run in the morning to kick start my day. My route before started off with a big hill and then the rest was mostly flat (small part was down hill). It took me about 15 minutes to do.

A few questions:

I find it hard getting out of bed, any tips on this?
How far should i be running?
Is it a good idea to listen to music?
What should i wear when i am running?

I'll take all the Help i can get on this because i want to change my lazy ways. Thanks!

Try running in the evening. Some people are just not morning people. I enjoyed running at the end of the day--sort of a de-stressor.

If you insist on running in the am: wear your running clothes to bed and set your alarm and set up a reward system for yourself for when you do get out of bed and run. (Like lunch somewhere instead of brown-bagging, etc)

I recommend the C25k program (you can google it). Also, mix it up with walking other days or elliptical at a gym or just plain bike. It is good to strengthen all the muscles in your legs, not just your running ones. Don't overwork or push too hard at first because you'll face burnout. Also consider swimming or lifting to keep things fresh.

I'm a big fan of the music!! It keeps me going. Rules to think about: if you're on a road, don't wear headphones. If you're on the sidewalk (which isn't as good to run on but sometimes you don't have a choice) wear the split kind and keep only one on your ear. If you're on a track, wear music, but be observant about people trying to pass, etc.

Wear what's comfy. Usually, you'll get hot so don't over-dress. Just shorts and a tee, depending on your weather.

Also a good recommendation: Chocolate milk has been found to be an excellent post workout drink. Balancing carbs and protein. Best if had up to 1/2 hour after your workout.

Oh, and welcome!!!! :wavey:

I find it hard getting out of bed, any tips on this? Go to bed earlier. That's the only solution that works for me. How far should i be running? Two miles minimum. That's just me though. Is it a good idea to listen to music? If the volume is low and you can hear the cars, it's OK. What should i wear when i am running? Running shorts and a wicking t-shirt. Reflective gear if it's dark when you run ouside.

Hey, Airehead. Thanks for taking the time to get back to me. I thought i was going to get left out :|

I run on sidewalk. I don't think i could run on the roads incase i got knocked over. When i used to go out i wore a hooded jumper and shorts.

I always walk to college, which is about 2-3 miles. It takes me about half an hour.

I want to run in the morning to wake me up aswell as keeping fit. However, i was thinking of joining a gym that is near by me, and using that as a de-stressor.

I ended up staying up a little late last night and could not get out of bed at all this morning. I take it sleep is a big part of this too?
I'll take you up on the chocolate milk, i love the stuff.

Thanks for answering my questions, Purple hayes.
2 miles, huh? I guess i'll have to re-write my route.
I do tend to stay up late, maybe that's my problem.
If i am running and i feel i can't go on anymore, is it ok to stop, or do i just slow right down and speed up when i can?

As you get faster, 2 miles will seem like it's too short. Trust me.

Even for a lazy guy like myself? I'm outta shape remember :(

This man speaks the truth. I've only been running for 2 and a half months and anything less than 4 miles doesn't even seem worthwhile.

"as you get faster" was the key phrase. It takes time.