Where do you all put your stinky running gear after you get back from a nice hot run? I sweat PROFUSELY, especially in this damn hot climate of the sunshine state. I have been hanging my stuff on an extra rack in the bathroom to dry, but I'm not liking the smell which lingers. I need to get more wicking stuff, but for now, I'm 50% cotton. But even my sports bra which is wicking is wringing wet by the end.

Just curious if anyone had some clever secret to not stinking up their dwellings.

I immediately remove them upon returning home and hand them to my wife. They disappear and return several days later without a trace of smell.

She must have a magic wand or something.

Seriously, the wicking stuff works pretty well. I have a rack in my garage to hang the really damp stuff, but otherwise it goes in the first available load of laundry.

NO NO NO -- you must at least walk thru Talbots in all your glory before you go and strip off those sweaty running clothes. tell them I sent you but please be stinky as all get out when you enter the establishment.

i usually hang the runningbra on a hook in the bathroom until it "chills" out. everything else just goes into the clothes hamper where it stays for all of one day -- i have kids, therefore i wash clothes like a maniac.

You ain't smelled nuthin til you have 5 thru hikers in your car, fresh off the AT.

I used to think that I could wear my running clothes through multiple days but when pedestrians behind me starting passing out I figured washing after each use was preferable.

Edited to say that I add 1/2 tsp of powdered bleach to EVERY load of laundry. It removes odor without damaging the fibres.

I have hooks in the shower. Straight in with my clothes still on. Rinse them and hang on the hooks to dry before they hit the laundry.

Tell you what works for me. During the hot weather months--which is April to Nov. here--I get into the shower in my running clothes. They do not get any more wet than they already are. Then wring them out and hang em to dry to for a few hours before putting them into my running dirty clothes bag.

This might not work too well with any cotton because it won't dry out in a few hours and would start to mildew. Coolmax has been a true quality of life invention for me.

my husband kindly puts his in MY sink and miraculously finds them in his drawer.........I'd like you're wife's magic wand.....I sometimes wash his workout clothes twice!!!! He's a VERY heavy sweater

Jumping in the shower with the clothes ON... I have never thought of that! I've done it by accident, but never thought to do it on purpose. (Left a bra and socks on once.)
I do need to get more Coolmax stuff, or something similar.

Count another vote on the 'pre-rinse with the shower' on those really sweaty days. I usually turn on the shower and while it's warming up, toss in the drippy duds and then wring them out once I get in.
Frabric-wise though, I can't say I find much difference between cotton or coolmax when it comes to stench. Given, the coolmax dries quicker and doesn't weigh down as much, but I run in both (with 100+ race tshirts, I just about have to). I might even go as far as to say coolmax seems to retain a few stink molecules since I don't dare use the bleach or the dryer, which I have no problem with the cotton tees since 'new replacements' are only a weekend race away, they start out much fresher.

I put them in the hamper with the rest of my clothes. I'm also a maniac clothes washer so they are not there long.

There is nothing better than clean laundry. I never wear the same thing twice without washing it. That is my one bad habit environmentally.

In the summer, I'll leave my running stuff out in the garage to dry out but for normal runs, I'll just hang it on a rack until it drys and then throw it in with the other dirty clothes. We're a family of 5 so nothing stays in the hamper for long.

Life's easy when you don't smell...

Mine get thrown in a plastic bag in the locker room until I get home and then I hang them on a clothesline in the back until the Washing Fairy appears and takes them away to clean them. The next thing I know they are back in my drawer!