Hi Everybody,

I am not very new to running but thanks to a knee injury I am in the process of working myself back into running shape.

Because of this I am also looking to buy new running gear (always have been running in sweats). I see that there is a lot of cool stuff out there, so much that I have a hard time choosing.

Right now I am leaning towards Nike Dry Fit. However I also saw Nike Thermo Fit recently and don't really know that line.

Basically what I would like to know is:
1. Is the nike running wear any good and what are the different lines and their functions?
2. Are there any other good running lines at which I should take a look?

What I basically want is something that is comfortable, wind and rain proof, heat preserving for the winter and maybe something more cooling for the summer. I guess that is what most people want 8)

I guess there might have been topics on this already but i could not find them. Also looked on the web but found it hard to find good info. So if there are any good links or posts please let me know!

Thanks for your time!!

rgds, Sergio

I'm not an expert on the different technical fabrics, but I'm pretty sure Nike's Dry Fit line is more designed as something for the warmer months, whereas Thermo Fit is designed to be a base layer for activity during the winter months.

I'd suggest taking a look at the Under Armour brand, they have lots of very nice stuff for all activities, all times of the year.

I am in texas, so I really don't worry too much about the cold times of the year, but I buy most of my running shirts at Target. They have a cool max like shirt for 7 bucks or so. Its a good value, and comfy shirt. I don't quite trust their shorts though

You really can't go wrong with any "technical" apparel. You'll need stuff for both cold and hot, but the t-shirts and tanks you wear in the summer will be worn under your outer layers in the winter. You'll still need the moisture-wicking qualities year round. Under Armour is popular (and costly) but IMHO no better than any other decent brand. I have stuff made by Saucony, Aisics, Hind, et al.

Don't forget socks - socks made specifically for running are worlds better than garden-variety cotton socks.

For years I ran in cotton t-shirts. Once I switched I couldn't believe what a difference it made.

Try here: One More Mile Good clothes, fun clothes, inexpensive clothes.

I live in So Cal where it's considered "cold" if it's below 60. I have one pair of running shorts that I just recently wore out and a half dozen technical shirts. (Most of which I got "free" from races)

I have 2 nike shirts both called "dry fit". One seems to have a tighter more stretchy feel to it (similar to the under armor stuff). I find I love to wear this shirt when it's pouring rain because I stay warm (albeit, still wet). The other Nike shirt I have is looser and stays cool on warm days.

(I love the Nike line. I refuse to go back to cotton!!)

All that to say, go browse the stores and find ones you like.