Anyone know where to get running shorts? I mean shorts, not those baggy things people call shorts. Let me re-iterate. When you look at the shorts from the front, they are wider than they are longer.

About 20 years ago, when I was a teenager, all athletic shorts were like this (wider than longer). And it just kept getting harder and harder to find these. Now I cannot find any and broke down and use the baggy ones. But now with it being 90+ degrees F, running with baggy shorts is just too much. I've looked everywhere with the shortest shorts being at an adidas outlet store, but they are girl shorts and cost like 40 USD.

I don't know why people like the baggy running shorts anyways. Its not like being worried about what people think of your thighs is the top priority on your mind when you are doing laps.

Do you mean the long "shorts" that come down to the knees? I won't wear those, either! But the shorts I wore at age 13 (in 1981) were probably a bit more constricting than the shorts I wear now. They're shaped the same (wider than longer), though.
If that's what you mean, the usual catalogs have them: Road Runner Sports, National Running Center, etc.
I buy stuff from a Saucony outlet store and they still make "normal" running shorts.

Just go to a specialty running store (I'm sure there are some in your area) and take a look at what they have.

I don't know if you're a girl or not, and they may make them in men's but I love Nike Tempo Track shorts. you can find them at niketown.com, roadrunnersports.com or any running or athletic store that sells nike.

i'm assuming you're female.

I'm assuming it's a he.

well, if you like short and split.....try de soto sports. I have a pair that I wear only on treadmill days and I hope I never come up the stairs to see that my family has guest over. I think saucony makes some pretty split guys shorts.

I've had the hardest time finding splits shorts this year. Now that i've worn some nonsplit.....I feel nakey in my splits.....but on race day...I don't give a c**p if my butt hangs out (unless it's dragging on the road)

Thanks for you input, its appreciated. I am male. And if anyone at work ever, ever saw me in those pink shorts that Rolling rock posted, they would still be laughing about it 50 years from now.

Those splits are a little scary for someone (i.e. me) who has never worn them before.

I will probably buy a pair of girls black tennis shorts or make my own somehow.

....But see what I mean, out of the 13 running shorts they offer, only 2 of them are actually shorts. How can someone run in those other knee-huggers?

:LOL: sorry, i didn't read closely enough....
do the pink!!!

try an inseam of 5-8 inches. Roadrunnersports.com has lots of them.

Anyone know where to get running shorts? I mean shorts, not those baggy things people call shorts.

I finally bought 2 pairs of shorts from Academy Sports and Outdoors for $1.50 each on clearance which are just right around the legs. I've been looking for anti baggy shorts which aggravate me because they bunch up. Their brand are BCG and are nylon with pockets and a smaller pocket on the left leg. They have the built in under short liners.