Do any of you rotate through your hi tech shirts such as cool max. I have some that are about 5 years old and although in good shape, feel they do not do as well. I have rotated some out and replaced them periodically.

Anyone else do this.

Shorts I just get a few pair every couple of years. Since I have like 12 pair, I have nice rotation.

The only thing I wear until worn out or torn up is socks.

I've got 1 short sleeve shirt, 1 long sleeve under armour shirt, and 4 pairs of running shorts. I'm a little understocked as far as running apparel goes. Of course, for 75% of the year, I can wear just running shorts and go shirtless.

I rotate through my shirts and socks. The shirts get hung up in the basement after they come out of the washer. Once I run out of shirts in my closet I bring the clean one's up from the basement. This assures that I equally wearing my shirts

For my running socks, after they come out of the dryer they go in my top secret hiding spot. Once I go through all the one's in my running sock drawer I move the clean one's in and start the rotation over again

:1:
I try and rotate through all my clothes be it socks, shorts or shirts. It looks like by next spring at the Gate River Run expo I will be buying new shorts. Mine are finally starting to get really beat up.

Caveman confession... 9 outta 10 runs I do are in...

race tshirts. :o

I have longsleeve coolmax/drylite for winter when I wear them as a base layer, but for warmer temps, I have only two short sleeve coolmax. I guess I've run in race shirts for so many years, I don't mind that soaked feeling.

:1:
That's the point that i'm going to be getting to soon, i hope. I have old t shirts from high school that i'm still using to run in, which i will be switching out as i get new short sleeve shirts from races. Unfortunately my last race had a blue shirt that will just not work with my green shorts! :P

:1: I ran this past Saturday in my first coolmax t-shirt. It was wonderful. I will have to get more. :)

I own one coolmax shirt and have raced in it a total of two times. Everything else is done in old race tshirts. Fancy running stuff might make you more comfortable at times but it doesn't make you faster.

My sponsors send me clothes so I run in whatever they send me. Every year they change the colors and logos so I get new stuff. Sometimes I give the older stuff to friends and sometimes I just chuck em' They never really get worn, but I would have a closet full of the stuff if I didn't get rid of some of it.

I have about 20 bike shirts. I can't seem to part with those. I'm not sure why. :shrug:

I have to buy my own shorts. Between all the tri shorts, the biking shorts and the running shorts I have about 20 pair.

I guess it is time to clean house. Great one more thing to do.

Sheldon

Ok, I have become a technical shirt snob. (Can I be a technical shirt snob if some of the shirts come from Walmart?)
I ran a 4 mile-ish run last week in a nice cotton T Tank from my last half-marathon. That shirt was soaked through, weighed 40 lbs on its own, and I hated it by the end of the run!

I really like my polyester running tanks. I can't even buy a Cleveland Indians T-shirt anymore because they're all 100% cotton and I'm looking for a Dri-Fit/Cool Max label on everything...

I am in love with the under armour loose stuff. That stuff is so awesome. Comfortable and light weight.

What's the scoop on that brand Joe? They advertise that it's good for both hot and cold weather. I seem to recall they even say it performs better than bare skin at cooling and wicking sweat.
If you're impressed with it, I might have to break down and splurge some bucks.

They have gear designed for heat and gear designed for cold. I don't know about it being better than bare skin, but come winter I'll be using it as a base layer.

I've got a ton of c**p. It's to the point where I refuse to buy anymore until I've worn out what I got. I've only got a few coolmax shirts that I got on sale ( I just can't spend 30 or 40 dollars for a shirt). Hot tip of the day tho... I do have several "dri-fit" shirts I picked up at wal-mart. $9.99 for a big persons shirt. I usually have to shop in the boys section to get anything that fits so I save an additional 3 dollars!! :LOL:

i wear technical or i wear nothing at all :naughty:

got my first "technical" shirt and i used it for skating whenever i could. the shirt came as part of my membership to the DC skate club. I got one again the next year. WOOO HOOO. i also ended up buying a few technical jerseys for skating the longer distances. the pockets are great.

after moving to Atlanta, i said the heck with it and have at least one shirt for each day of the week, in the winter i wear them as base layer under the more traditional shirts.