i need to get some form of long sleeve t-shirt that is light, breathable, and keeps me dry when it's raining...

any suggestions?

it's raining too much and i'm tired of missing runs but i don't want to catch a cold out there...

Move farther south. When it rains down here in the summer it is still 80 degrees out.

How cold is it, I love running in the summer rain!!

What's the normal summer temp range where you are?

I can run in the rain with a high tech material shirt like a dri fit or polartec in pretty cool weather.....40s or 50s......the shirt keeps you warm even if wet.....if you want total waterproofing, you're gonna have to go with something like a lightweight gore-tex....

there is a windshirt I'm interested in with some fabric called???? n2s....that is pretty pricey too.....

Move to the desert region of Arizona.

That's the best gear I could recommend. I find it to be the cheapest in the country as well.

running in summer rain's awesome...I don't bother with too much rain gear (perhaps a running rain vest) as it can get too warm and humid
but running in cold winter rain is not...A waterproof lightweight running jacket (of the goretex sort) works well...gloves may help prevent your hands and fingers from freezing

Just spent a delightful evening running in the rain. Long sleeve or short sleeve its not going to matter - you will get wet.

Based on my experience, unless its around 40 degrees, you don't have to worry about getting wet. In fact, with temps in the 80's, a nice cool shower is very welcome.

The biggest problem with running in the rain is wet running shoes and socks. In a long run this could develop into a major injury site.

Catching a cold virus from being cold is a myth. You catch a cold from viruses, regardless of your body temperature. Like Andy sez, summer temps are going to be just fine for being sopping wet. As long as you're running, you'll be keeping yourself warm enough. Put on a cap and get out there. 8)

too clarify... i don't want to relapse ;) . i'm not completely convinced i'm over my last virus.

our temperature range is pretty nuts - it can go to +30 C in the summer (and does), but lately it's only been about +12 or 14....

just trying to keep dry so i don't get a chill.

it's the cold wet days that i'm concerned about. we don't normally have a really hot day with rain.

to clarify... i don't want to relapse ;) our temperature range is pretty nuts - it can go to +30 C in the summer (and does), but lately it's only been about +12 or 14.... (please translate is it somewhere around 50 F ?) it's the cold wet days that i'm concerned about.
Some things: If you wear a long sleeve T in that sort of weather you will sweat too much, overheat, slow down and get a chill because you're not running. When you run you should wear clothing appropriate for temps that are 20F degs warmer than what it actually is. (i.e. at 50F I would wear stuff appropriate to 70F) As long as you stay comfortable you should do fine. That means dry off as soon as you're done running. At the least change shirts. If you really, really really feel you need a rain jacket - get a GoreTex shell for about $ 100US. You'll be able to wear it in winter as an outer shell.

yeah i want one of those meshy dry wicking shirts... it's not actually a long sleeve t. but it keeps you dry.

i'll look into the goretex, should help for my -30 running.