It is been a while I am having really hard time with dry eyes due to my sjogren's syndrome I was diagnosed with about a year ago and I would actually like to hear something of cornea damage possibility with sjogren's syndrome for if there is any such risk I would like to prevent it if it is possible anyhow. It is not like I have some serious vision problems so far but I really have hard time with dry eyes and it is just that lately I have developed this eye burning sensation and am curious what is cornea damage possibility with sjogren's syndrome. Thanks!

I don't know about cornea damage possibility but I know that if these dry and burning sensations in the eye persist than there you have an eye surgery treatment opt and it involves collagen or silicon insertion into the ducts and it is only about temporary closure keeping the ducts sealed. Anyway if the collagen is inserted than it would eventually dissolve by itself but if it is about silicon insertion than another surgery is needed to remove it out from the ducts seal and though I don't know precisely how this works I know it helps a lot in increasing the tear production and therefore it decreases the eyes dryness and I guess also cornea damage possibility is lessen significantly. Anyway my friend diagnosed with sjogren's syndrome had this eye surgery and is very satisfied with its results.