Hi
I am 26 years old and gone through lasik laser when I was 20+. At that time my number was quite high (5.5 for one eye and for other 6.5). But after three years of laser, my eye sight again become week and number appeared. Initially it was very low say .5 & 1 but now it is increasing day by day. I have consulted many doctors. According to them my cornea has enlarged (sort of swelling) but they have diagnosed that it is not ‘Katrisis’. I was advised to wear GP lenses and I wore them for few months only as they were very inconvenient than my doc suggested me to go for tropic contact lenses. Right now I am using that only. Now my number has reached to 4(appx.) for both the eyes. I want to know what I can do so that my number should not increase any more. Also, is it ok if I wear contact lenses while swimming but uses goggles? Please let me know if there is something more to worried about..

Thanks
Puja

**this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **
Please read our Terms of Use

I think taht with your swollen cornea that it might be a good idea not to use goggles because that could cause unnecessary pressure on your eyes. As for the rest of your advice, I'm sure someone else will come along with a few ideas. How is your vision? Have you decided to do anything else?