Hello, folks. I had some blurring vision and I went to see my ophthalmologist. He told me I had a scar tissue on my cornea. He was mentioning something about cornea transplant, but I am not sure whether I am a candidate for that or not. I would like to hear what you think about this. Thanks for replying.

Hello to you too. Scar on cornea usually interfere with one’s vision when they are positioned centrally. Scar is being changed with healthy tissue of a donor. People with corneal injuries are also candidates for this procedure. If the scar is located on the side, than it doesn’t interfere with a vision, so transplant is not necessary, I think. There must be a thorough pre-operative examination before transplantation occurs. You will be asked to sign the consent before undergoing this procedure. You should discuss the details with your ophthalmologist. I hope everything will resolve in the best manner. Good luck!