My husband & I have been trying to have a baby for 2 years now, but recently we were in the middle of having sex & all of a sudden I started getting the sharpest, most painful pains/cramps I have ever experienced. We went straight to the hospital, & they found alittle bit of blood in my urine, but my pregnancy test at the hospital came back negative. I vomitted twice the very next morning, the doctors said all i had was a tiny cyst, and that it was almost gone, but they didnt do blood work. they gave me some pain meds,  & im still taking those, but this happened exactly a week ago, & i'm still havent random pains, cramps on both sides of my vagina, i am geting back pain & im feeling drowsy & sick. I know some of these are symptoms of pregnancy, but i dont have enough information to convince myself. I'm also getting head aches like no other latley! if you know anything about this or have went through this, please help me out!

Hi K,

Your symptoms are not specific to pregnancy.  They could be related to the cyst.  

If you have been trying for 2 years, without success, I suggest you see a fertility specialist.  Normally we advise you to go after a year of trying.

Both of you need to go.  You'll have a complete physical and internal exam.  Labs will be drawn.  He'll also have a sperm count performed.

The cyst can affect your fertility and give you false pregnancy symptoms.

Good luck.  Follow up on this with your doctors please.

Alright, thank you!

Okay I usually have a period every 45 -46 days. I have been 56 days without a period.. I have nausea, fatigue, sore breasts, back aches, and occasionally headaches, and also constipation (awful!) I took a test a week ago it was negative.. Was it too early? Should I try again? Because like kgirodbaby we have been try, have been sucessful but have has 3 miscarriages.. 2 of which i had faint positive tests on 1 the tests were negative every time!

Hi Kelsey,

If you haven't, see your ob/gyn for a complete workup. As you know your cycle is almost twice as long as average.

You should be able to test reliably 2 -3 weeks after having sex.

Your other symptoms are not specific to pregnancy.

Good luck.