im 22 yrs old and my period has never been regular and im pretty sure i have pcos. anyway my period is a week late and over the past 2-3 weeks ive experienced nausea, dizziness, extreme tiredness, bloating and more.recently really bad cramps. Ive taken a hpt but its come back negative. anybody have any suggestions on what i should do? me and.my partner are ttc so we're really nervous and wana know whats going on

Did you take the pregnancy test in the morning with the days first urine? How long after your missed period did you take the pregnancy test? Have you only taken one test? Did you have unprotected sex around two weeks after the first day of your last menstrual cycle?

Some women can take the home pregnancy test and get a false negative because there bodies do not produce enough hcg for the test to detect it. You may need to go to your doctor and have them take a blood pregnancy test. If you do have PCOS it could be the cause of your missed period. Some women with this will have less periods a year than an average woman. PCOS can cause extremely heavy bleeding to no period at all and it could go back and forth every month.

My suggestion would be to take another home pregnancy test using the mornings first urine of the day in the next few days. If it comes up negative make an appointment with your doctor. Have your doctor run a blood pregnancy test and also check to confirm you have PCOS. If you do have this it will make it harder for you to conceive because it causes fertility problems. Good Luck

Ive taken 2 hpt both first thing in the morning, the first one I did 5days past the date my period was due and the other one first thing this morning which is 9 days past the day, and yes me and my partner had sex around 2 - 3 days after my period had finished. I've made an appointment to see my doctor today so hopefully ill have answers soon. Thanks for your help!