I went off BC in Jan. It is now March, I have never been pregnant before. My last period ended before Valentines Day. I had unprotected sex with my husband a few days after Valentines day. He used the pull out method. I am around 3 to 4 days late with my period. I have had a dull head ache off and on for a week. I can eat a large meal, and be full, but 2 to 3 hours or less later I have the feeling that im starving. Like i feel sick, you know when you dont eat allll day and your mouth waters and you get that knot in your throat. But i havent thrown up or even gagged. My boobs were sore but now there not so bad. And about 3 days ago, i had a dime size spot of blood in my underware, and then nothing. Im hardly late with my period, and i never get PMS like cramping or head aches i usually get grouchy and thats it. I was on BC since the age of 16 im now 22... so ive been regular even off the pill. Ive notice a very small amount of white discharge. All signs point to yes BUT i took a test today and it came up negative. If i concieved around 2 to 2 1/2 weeks ago shouldnt it show up on a home pregnancy test? I waited to see if my period would come, I always feel like its there any second and think i feel it but when i go to look i see nothing no period. I dont know what to think I took that test expecting it to be positive. I think im going crazy, can someone please explain to me if the symptoms im having are that of pregnacy and if so why was the test neg. How long should i wait to take it again? Please help!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been there. It's very confusing to have a late period, pregnancy symptoms galore, and a negative pregnancy test!

With me, it turned out that I wasn't pregnant and I eventually got my period. Afterwards, I figured the pregnancy symptoms were half in my head, and half caused by all the stress of thinking I was pregnant when I was way too young (17). 

IF you test on time, that is, like two weeks after ovulation and after you have already missed a period, home pregnancy tests are nearly always totally effective. You COULD try testing with your first morning urine because that's when the hCG levels are highest, if you really wanted to, or you could trust the test as long as you are sure you took it after your period was due, and just wait for your period. 

Stress can really mess up your cycle and relaxing some may just make it come on. 

This is exactly what is happening to me and it is driving me NUTS!!!
So R U or were U pregnant?
Do U know Y U were having these "signs" ?

I know the feeling. I am having all of the symptoms, lower back pain and cravings. I have been pregnant before, last time I was pregnant that is why I knew because of the lower back pain. When I took the test I was positive. Now this time around same thing I am one week late and have chronic lower back pain.Took three diff. tests all Neg.

sometimes it is said that false pregnancy symptoms may occur. Sometimes the egg will not be fertilized but your body thinks other wise. the change in the hormones make you have the symptoms like if you were pregnant. again that is not a good or bad thing. it usually goes away within a few weeks. if not, then maybe you should get a blood test with your doctor to confirm whether you are or not. at any rate good luck! :-D

I think I am pregnant also, however I got 2 negative results. Has anyone ever has a negative result and then a positive 1

I totally understand that is what I'm going through to. on my other three pregnancies the hpt all showed that indeed i was pregnant. I'm so frustrated.

Im having the same problem Im a week late and took a test it was neg. Me and my husband are both convienced that im pregnant my doctor said wait another week and take another test then they will do blood work I have never been pregnant before so I really hope i am! :D

(I know this is a year later but) That is amazing! my situation is EXACTLY the same as yours was, except for my symptoms. went of Depo shot in Jan, now 3 days late for period, had sex a few days after Valentines using pull out method. I started having pregnancy like symptoms not even a week after my fiance and I had sex. But I've taken 3 tests now and all negative. I am really worried there might be something seriously wrong with me...

Symptoms include: hungry more often, urinating more often, lower back pain, a little constipation, and a tight/full feeling in my lower abdomen. Normally I don't have ANY noticeable PMS symptoms and at first I was just thinking, "I guess I'm just becoming a PMSer." But now that I am 3 days late, I'm just like, what in the world is going on!?!

I just went to the Dr today for the same thing, she told me to wait more. She said that it's possible, so I'm playing the waiting game!

Glad to hear I'm not the only one out there who is having these symptoms but no period and a negative test.

Yes, symptoms include: hungry more often, urinating more often, lower back pain, a little constipation, and a tight/full feeling in my lower abdomen. Also mild headaches on and off and feeling dehydrated. Never pregnant before, but we've been trying the past few months. Two negative pregnancy tests.

Are there any folks form a year ago who can say what happened? Thanks!

That's crazy b/c your situation sounds like mine to an extent. Started birth control for the first time in mid-Dec 2007 for acne, but stopped at the beginning of Jan b/c it wasn't making a difference. Got my period on schedule mid-Feb. Fooled around without a condom a few days after V-day but I'm still a virgin in the sense of penetration so my hymen is intact. Even though experts say it's highly unlikely, I've heard of rare cases of ppl getting impregnated without penile penetration. But now it's almost the end of March and i've still not gotten my period. I started worrying so i wonder if any minor symptoms (feeling sick as if you have a big test coming up that you're not prepared for--kind of nauseated) that i've been having are just from stress about the unknown. I had a knot in my throat for a whole day and some back pain (but that may be due to bad posture), but other than that, no real significant changes. NO constant fatique, frequent urination, breast tenderness or unusual cravings for food (i'm actually less hungry). I think I'm going to take a pregnancy test anyways but could this irregularly missed period must be due to coming off of the pill even though I've had such a short-lived experience with it? Is this a result of my body still trying to build back up it's own hormones ?

I am so glad I found this because I am having the same problem. the first day of my last period was feb 18th and my last time taking the pill was jan 17th. even before I did birth control, i had fairly regular periods, I always knew what week, and after the pill they came right on time. well basing it off of how long my cycle has been my honeymoon the first few days of march were also my most fertile, and well it was my honeymoon, need I say more :}. I should have gotten my period this monday, but it's thursday night and nothing. I've never been pregnant so I don't know what my symptoms will be, but for the last week I've been sleeping horribly, I've been drinking more water, had some vivid dreams that I remember (I don't dream and when I do I very rarely remember), I have had some cravings, but that is sometimes what I experience on my period, I have been constipated and I've been waking up once a night to pee. However I've taken three different test, one day before mp, on 1st day of missed period, and yesterday(the digital). All of them have come out negative! Not only that but I have had some strong aversions to smells I already dislike and I felt a bit nauseated this afternoon. and oh yeah I am SOOOOO tired lately I even fell asleep at my desk during planning, and I hate sleeping during the day! some help explain what's going on.

This is way frustrating I have all the symptoms and I am 3 days late and still nothing no period and a negative test. It is so frustrating I just want to know one way or the other.

The same as all of the blogs that I have read here, I am in the same situation. I have not only the commonly known symptoms of pregnancy, but the little known synptoms, e.g. increased saliva, increased vsginal discharge, nipples have developed these little bumps, very gassy. The symptoms have persisted now for more than three months. All pregnancy tests have been negative. During the pelvic exam, my doctor even preliminarily diagnosed me as pregnant, because my uterus was enlarged to the point of being consistent with 10 - 14 weeks of pregnancy. The ultrasound showed no fetus in my womb. This has been frustrating to me. The false pregnancy syndrome happens with women who desparatrely want to be pregnant. This is not the case with me at this time. I have heard that there is a new condition in which the woman has all the symptoms of pregnancy, not due to psychological issues. Has anyone else heard of this condition and knows the name of this syndrome? This week there was a broadcast on this on some TV stations in Florida. I just need some answers. It is no fun having to question your mental stability.