I was sick about a month ago with a terrible sore throat and painful cough, the sore throat when away after a week or so but I still has terrible coughing , at one point I was coughing so hard that my body was sore, I was getting up a little mucus then. Now I am at the stage where I coughso hard that the right side of my body goes numb and I get dizzy. I had the same problem last year when I got sick, I went to the doctor for several months, he treated me for several things, allergies,asthma, and acid reflux. He put me on a five day antbiotic the worked for a little while but the cough was still there. I then consulted another doctor and she gave me a two week antibiotic , nasal spray, and some other drug I can't remember now. None of the meds worked. I finally broke down and bought some Mucinex and that worked. I tried using it this time but it did nothing. Now also when I cough I pass gas and pee a little it is very embarrising, the more I try to surpress the cough the more sever the cough. Can someone help please.?

You need to see a respiratory specialist instead of a general practitioner. You need to have a chest x-ray done to rule out lung cancer, blood test and bronchoscopy with lavage to rule out fungal infections such as coccidioidomycosis.