I'm a 17 year old male and my story is quite similar to the young lady's quote below. The only difference is that I've been feeling this for three days. It feels like a piece of food or something. It moves when I swallow and it sometimes goes to the middle of my throat then back to my left tonsil. When I don't swallow for a long time it feels like it moves far enough up for me to cough it up, but when I try to cough it up it won't budge. I've tried gargling salt water, drinking tons of water, and coughing, but it won't move. It's really quite irritating. I looked in the mirror several times to see if anything was there but I don't see anything.  My dad also took a look but he can't see anything either. It also kind of makes my breath smell a bit. The only reason it isn't terribly smelly is because I brush, floss and use mouth wash like crazy. Then I pop some mint gum right afterward. I'd really appreciate some answers on how to get rid of this, because it's going to be hard for me to concertrate in school like this.

I'm a 21 yr old female and for the last 2 months or so I have been suffering from a lump feeling in my throat and it is driving me nuts!!! The location and intensity of the feeling varies from day to day but it is present almost all the time. I have no trouble eating or swallowing it is just VERY irritating. When I swallow it feels as though it moves up and down. At times I don't even feel like talking because I can feel it irritating my throat whilst I speak. It feels as though I have a a piece of food or something stuck and I need to either burp it up or cough it up but it doesn't matter how much I cough and burp it won't budge. At the moment it feels like it is on the left side of my throat like near my tonsil but then other days it feels like its in the middle of the back of my throat.

I am going through this at the moment and I visited a ENT specialist. They told me that it's someacidic reaction in the stomach due which there could be some swelling in the pharynx. They also gave me an antibiotic a 5 day course it's going on.

They also asked me questions regarding my acidity, smoking, alcohol and eating habit like spice and oily food.

They also did a vedio endoscopy down my throat to check for the lump as I had a fear of cancer and after all this they told me to stop smoking, drinking and control on diet for spicy and oily food and told me its a acidic reaction so let's see if I feel any better after taking these medicines wil post it.

Quite the same problem. Something caught in a side pocket of my throat. Very painful at times and then it calms down. I noticed it first the day I had a filling repaired. It was a long time to hold my mouth open. I question if it is a thrown off piece of tooth, or if I is a salivary gland stone? It feels very ragged and it moves around quite a bit. Definately within a pocket or closed in area on the side of my throught, low / clost to the tongue. At times it feels that it in even with the tongue. Dentist scheduled apt with ENT but ENT said I needed to see an oral surgeon, oral surgeon found nothing on Cat Scan. He has referred me back to an ENT. I am never sick - so this is really causing havic. very painful - in 21 days I have taken 80+ advil for pain and 10 days of antibioditcs. Want answers...

Did you ever figure it out? I too am suffering from a similar problem. age 22.

Well, mine has been gone for quite a while now. But I did go to the doctor for it. All she told me was that "It was an infection" that's all. Big help right? During the time I had this irritation in my throat I noticed my uvula was swollen and unusually long and fat. It would hang really low and touch the lowest part of my tongue leading to the throat. I did some research and read that a swollen uvula can also cause soreness in the throat, the desire to cough, the feeling of a foreign object in the throat, and the desire to cough. The causes also vary from bacterial/viral infections (nothing specific was specified) and tonsillitis, to just a dry throat. It's back to normal size now so that's over. I just want to clarify that there can be several causes for a lumpy feeling in your tonsils and or throat. So what my problem was might not be the same as the rest of you. I do hope everyone can find a solution to their problem. I wish you all the best.

Im female 25. i've been having the same symptoms for 2 days now. it feels like a sliver of meat latched on the left side of my throat near the tonsils. i think something might be swollen, although i don't feel any pain or pressure at the moment. i did check using a q-tip soaked with vodka tried loosening something loose and felt a little bit different when i poked around on the left side. left side felt more bulgy compared to the right side pocket. i don't know. will try gargling with hydrogen peroxide and water, if it is an infection. will go to the doctor after maybe 3 days if nothing happens?

how long did your lump last till it went away?

squeeze the tonsils and white stuff comes out

The same with me I've tried all different doctors and nothing has worked Age-13

I'm an 11 year old girl and I feel like I have something slithering on the left side of my tonsil. When I eat,sleep,drink,poop I feel that thing as if it's a piece of food or even a worm. It usually happens to occur or irritate me when I'm alone. It's been going on for a few days now so maybe I'd like some advice to stop it or even get RID OF IT, thanks.

Your right you can do that but I don't think that's what's happening to me at the moment

July 2, 2017.
I have been experiencing all of the same as you and the others who posted this problem. Mine has been for only 3 weeks. I have had a continuous problem with post nasal drip and gerd. After being checked by my primary doctor, he put me on 10 days of antibiotics as well as taking sudafed and one tablet of claritin per day and also did change some eating habits, I am going on my 7th day. Yesterday I stopped the sudafed and claritin. My mom gave me a 12 hour of Mucinex D. It stopped feeling of that noodle from my ear to my throat as well as some type of granule stuck. Although the feeling of something stuck in the side of my throat then moving to the base of my throat below the vocal cords did subside somewhat, I went through an evening of less discomfort. I did not take another Mucinex, instead took a benadryl before sleepng. This morning I woke up with the same problem. I took my antibiotic and mucinex. As I write this I can feel it going away again. The other thing that helps is chewing non mint gum preferably cinnamon gum seems to helps the best. I hope this helps all of you, I will continue to write as I find a way to stop this and hopefully make it go away.

PS. In my previous reply....Please note that everyone should see a doctor first and explain what is wrong. Different over the counter meds do not work for everyone. The doctor will advise what is safe to take. He put me on an antibiotic because I had an infection which was visible on the back of my throat. Although Sudafed has worked in the past for me, for on coming colds, it wasn't working for this. I took the Mucinex and it seems to work for this problem. Also, look up the ingredients of all of these. They are different.

PSS. If this doesn't work....next move, Acupuncture.

My mom she feel like something moving in her throat ask me to ask you