It’s been almost a month already that my husband has this coughing problem that simply won’t stop I would call it prolonged coughing problem. Everyday for months now I expect this terrible and violent cough to stop but I’ve become hopeless now. And yes I would describe this cough as violent for it often causes my husband to stay out of breath, he actually have breathing problem associated with coughing. I really need to now what to do? Thanks

I once had pertussis which is usually described as whooping cough that causes your husband lack breathing trouble. Pertussis is actually a bacterial infection of the upper respiratory system and this is a serious condition that needs to be treated immediately. And you might get infected with these bacteria for it moves through the air and it is something like common cold but it is much more serious for its consequences. Your husband needs to get diagnosed first; his nose nasal secretion will be sent to the lab in order to test it to pertussis and he also may have blood test. I think that for your husband is late now to get antibiotics treatment for he has prolonged coughing problems so he’ll probably have to run through something like taking some intravenous fluid. Anyway he needs to be treated as soon as possible for this kind of an infection may cause him pneumonia, convulsions, nose bleeding and ear infections.

I have been coughing for many years. I've had all kinds of breathing tests done. Everything was normal. I went to a PULMONARY DR. AND HE FEELS I HAVE A FORM OF ASMTHA THAT IS COUGHING. hE PUT ME ON 2 INHALERS: ASAMANEX AND FORADILL. THE COUGHING HAS ALMOST COMPLETELY STOPPED . I SUFFERED FOR MANY YEARS. I COUGHED SO MUCH AND PUCKED AS IF I SMOKED 5 PACKS OF CIGS. A DAY AND I DO NOT SMOKE.

Hi, i had a chest infection that lasted a fortnight then went, on the tail end of this iv been having terrible coughing spasms non stop since, its been going on 4 a month now. iv had 500 amoxacillin and steroids but nothig is working.
i had a sputum test which came back normal although i am coughing up tiny bits of l green phlem still.
iv also had a chest x ray thats not come back yet.
all round my throat that joins my shoulders feels tender.
Iv had pleuracy and pneumonia in the past and this is not the same, also def nota chest infection, iv had loads of them.
i keep chickens and wonder if its to do with them? 1 had mycoplasma but my sputum came back normal.
at a total loss. has any1 else got any of these symptoms.
angie x

Anonymous wrote:

angie x

i also have terrible coughing with little bits of phlem. its been for about 6 weeks and haven't gotten much done because i am pregnant. it is a very dry cough and i cannot breath when i lay down and sometimes throughout the day :( i was put on amoxicillan a couple weeks ago for a "sinus infection" and that helped for the time being, but it is all back and worse now. i am miserable. any information would help me too. thanks