I went to my dr a week ago for coughing, sore throat, nausea. She put me on mucinex and tessalon tablets. 3 days later, I had to go back. I had lost most of my voice and my coughing was like that of someone w/ bronchitis. She did a chest xray and put me on azithromycin and an inhaler. The xray came back ok. Today, 3 days later, I am still coughing like crazy and besides the nausea, I know have diarrhea after I eat..which isn't often because I am not hungry. She said to go to the ER if my symptoms got worse because they could do more testing than her office can. What could this be? Swine flu is in our area and that worries me somewhat.

Do you have a fever or something like that? I can tell you that unless you have something like that then it is highly doubtful that you have swine flu so please don't worry about that. The symptoms are like that of a normal flu except it does start to get worse after several days. And after a week, you would be sick as a dog if you were actually sick with it. PLease keep us posted.

If you had swine flu your fever would be out the roof. And your dr. would hae realized that the 1st time you went so probably just a bad cold my mom has the same thing and thye told her its just a minor cold and allergies.